Chapter 44 - "But"

Let me be frank, I'm a nice person, or at least I'd like to think I am and I tend to give everyone the benefit of the doubt. You can call me anything you'd like, yell at me, shoot me bitchy smirks and play games with me, but if you bring up my dead father...I will slap a hoe.

Or in this case, punch a hoe.

She walked over to us, Adam shifting in front of me, but I clumsily shoved him out of the way. He sent me a concerned look before she laughed.

"We have been waiting for this moment," she said, a smirk perfectly etched onto her injection filled lips. Her heels clicked against the concrete stained floor as she came closer and closer until she was just a few inches in front of me, staring down. "Hang out with the town whore long enough, you'll become her, but even worse?"

She stared at her nails suddenly, a smile growing before she glanced back at me. "Daddy croaked and you've become a total cliche," she pursed her lips as she leaned down. Adam moved his hand to separate us, but I slapped it away. "He's good huh? I bet it's your first time without a condom, I bet it was your first time period."

She laughed as she leaned up. "How sad, the goodie-two-shoes got some daddy issues. The golden siblings of the Cape have finally taken their fall...together."

I had a second, one second in which I considered the repercussions for the actions about to follow the anger that had exploded inside of me, but the second soon passed and my fist was soon connecting with her perfectly sculpted nose.

"You bitch!" she screamed, her hand covering her nose, blood seeping through. I drew my right hand back into my chest.

"Ow, shit," I grumbled, cradling it.

"Fuck, Alice, you--" he stepped in front of me blocking me from Olivia who was running at me. "Fuck off!" he yelled at her, turning back to me. "Are you okay? Let me see."

"I need to go home," I said, unable to comprehend what I just did, the alcohol definitely not affecting me anymore. "I'm going home."

I moved around him, not giving Olivia a parting glance as she leaned against the bar, her head back.

"Alice!" Adam grabbed me. "Hold on, let me get my keys," he began to turn, but I stopped him.

"Just let me leave Adam, I'll talk to you tomorrow," I said, exhausted.

He stared at me a moment before releasing my shoulder and nodding.

"I'll see you soon No Name," he gave me a soft smile, attempting to lift the mood, but failed miserably. Just as I was turning I saw the murderous look cross his face while he stalked toward Olivia. I scoffed, unable to believe I just sank to her level.

Making my way to the beach, I began the long walk down the stretch of sand that would eventually meet my house. My hand was tingling from the pain, but I soon forgot as the sound of the waves distracted me. I shifted to the left so my feet were met by the lapping waves.

I stared off into the water, resting on the moon's reflection.

"Well, at least I can say I played and kissed a rockstar right? Who cares if a girl might press charges or something? No big deal..." I trailed off, not realizing I had stopped and was just staring at nothing, my arms crossed to help keep me warm.

What a summer. I've successfully had the most dramatic summer of my life, not counting our first summer here where Dad had to talk me out of my "early life crisis."

Sighing, I gave into the emotions taking over and took a seat in the sand, reflecting on what was supposed to be a fun last summer before adulting began. My life has become a mess, possibly even messier than before and I wasn't sure how to fix it.