Chapter 21 - The Rockstar Can Fish

The next morning was brutal. Fishing has many downfalls, one is having to get up at the butt crack of dawn. Not a morning person over here.

"Oh my gosh, it's too early for this," I murmured, hopping into Jared's jacked up jeep. He readjusted his mirror before starting it up. He flipped his visor up and smiled at me.

"Come on sis, it's not that bad," he said.

I look out the window, choosing to ignore his happy mood.

When we pulled into the parking lot near the docks where all the fishing boats were, you could see Demi and Lissa already waiting. They were talking excitedly as I hopped out of the jeep and headed towards them.

"Alice! The whole band will be here!" Lissa exclaimed.

My heart raced a little bit at the anticipation of seeing Adam. I chose the wrong day not to wear makeup.

"Great," I murmur. I get to embarrass myself even more.

Jared shoved me forward and walked ahead of the three of us, waving us to follow him. We fell in step behind him, talking about how much it sucked to be up this early. It wasn't even sunrise yet.

The seagulls were beginning to make their presence heard and water was quietly lapping against the boats. One of my favorite sounds.

I stared at all of the beautiful boats and wondered if I would ever get the pleasure of owning one myself someday. Not that I would really use it I guess, it would just be cool to have one.

"Jared! My man, I haven't seen you in so long!" I looked up and saw Jake slapping my brother on the back, giving the weird dude hug.

"Jake! Great to see you, been too long!" Jared said.

I saw two of the band members standing awkwardly behind Jake, clearly just as tired as we were. Good, I'm not the only one.

"You remember the guys?" Jake asked.

"I don't think I met them actually," Jared replied. I tuned out as they began reintroducing themselves. I stared at the sky, now beginning to turn a pinkish color from the sun rising. It was beautiful.

"So you fish huh?" I jumped at the sudden voice behind me and turned around. Immediately I blushed and my heart took off like crazy. Jeez how does he have this effect on me every time.

Adam stood there in all of his sexy glory. He was wearing athletic shorts and a plain white shirt. He had on a backwards hat with some ray bans hooked into his shirt. Huh. Who knew a backwards hat could look so good.

I shook myself out of my thoughts, trying to not make it obvious that I was definitely checking him out. I purposely wore my best pair of shorts today, I admit it.

Lord, I'm turning into Lissa.

His blue eyes looked lighter today. Maybe because his skin was definitely a few shades darker since the last time I saw him. He stood there watching me, clearly waiting for a reply.

"I--"

"Alice has finally decided to join my wonderland!"

Adam and I both looked to the docks and saw Rick standing there in his white shirt tucked into his goofy blue jean shorts with flip flops on. He was swiftly walking over to me, smiling wide.

I glanced at Adam who looked amused as little Rick was making his way over to us.

"So yeah," I said awkwardly. I rubbed my arms and looked up Adam. His light blue eyes met mine and he smiled. I felt a blush creep up. "I've never fished."