Chapter Thirty-one; the Last.

Start from the beginning

Working onto what she had in mind, she hummed happily to herself, making the effort of opening all the curtains of the penthouse, allowing the bright sunlight to come through the floor to ceiling glass walls, the view of the expanse of the city laid out gracefully in front of her.

Soon afterwards, she found herself in the barely used kitchen, humming a soft tune to herself as she worked onto making the breakfast, surrounded by ingredients, pans and the delicious aroma of the already cooked dishes.

So immersed in her tasks, she barely registered when someone walked into the kitchen, gasping audibly when two strong arms wrapped around her torso, almost dropping the pan in the process.

"Jimin!" She hissed, though it came out way more softer and whinier than she intended to. Still focusing her attention on the pan on the stove, she smiled when he placed his chin on her shoulder. "I could've dropped it, you know. You scared me," she mumbled eventually.

Jimin only hummed, turning his face to press a featherlight kiss onto her cheek, hair partly wet hair from the bath tickling her sensitive skin, and she flushed under all the attention.

"Good morning," he softly spoke. Sana chuckled, mumbling the same in reply before tapping his hand wrapped around her in a gesture to let go, which he did, after a lot of sighs and lingering touches.

Sana rolled her eyes at his ministrations, pouring the contents into a large plate as he found his place on one of the chairs along the countertop.

Jimin smirked. "This seems way too familiar, doesn't it?"

Sana's brows furrowed, and she shrugged as she poured the steaming hot coffee into a mug. "I don't know, does it?"

He smiled lazily at her honest obliviousness, watching her carefully. "When we were in Busan, you made breakfast," he said. Sana's eyes widened a fraction as she nodded in affirmation.

Jimin held back a chuckle, instead opting for a good tease. "God– do you even know how hard it was for me back then? To hold back? You looked heavenly, you always do."

Sana wavered, a curse leaving her lips as she spilled the coffee a bit on the countertop, barely missing her hand. Disgruntled, she looked up to glare at the man responsible, only to see the shatter in her resolve when he was literally– beaming at her.

"C'mon, you can't just say.." she made waving gestures with her hand, "stuff like that, at least a warning would be appreciated." She didn't like how utterly satisfied and smug he looked after witnessing her being a mess just by his words. She really didn't. 

"What? You want me to tell you 'I'm gonna compliment my girlfriend' before doing so? Are you good with that?" He spoke rather mischievously.

Sana's eyes widened again before she regained her composure, eyes narrowed at him. "You know what I mean," she said almost in pout, Jimin cooed, and she flushed further.

"I know, baby. Just teasing you, it's endearing. Watching you so flustered and blushing like that at mere compliments even after yesterday, which was undoubtedly the best of—"

"Okay! Looks like breakfast is ready! Let's eat, don't you think? What a wonderful idea," Sana interjected quickly, igniting his amused chuckles, rather ducking her head low as she worked on setting the plates, refusing to make eye contact anymore.

'He is fatal, so not safe for health.'

-

"Jimin?"

Jimin hummed softly, eyes still focused on the screen as they were lying on the soft couch, watching a movie that Sana barely paid any attention to.

"I'm– shit, I'm really...I don't know how to say this," she mumbled unintelligently, sighing softly when his free hand grabbed hers, the other wrapped securely around her. After an encouraging squeeze, she finally looked up, only to find him already staring at her, the movie now long forgotten.

"I just– I want you to know that, I get that– there's no other place I'd rather be at, than in your arms. I'm happy, and grateful, and everything good in the world. I want... I want it to stay like this. I want to stay like this. I really–"

"Sana, hey, you know what?" Jimin interrupted, watching as Sana's eyes were wide, heavy with emotion. She exhaled, jerking her head in a small nod. He smiled softly at her, linking their fingers.

"I love you, and maybe, that's the best promise I can make. Don't be afraid of what's to come, we will tame the world, live according to what we want, you get that?"

"I love you," she declared, loud and clear for him to hear, tears in her eyes, and truly, these words, and their kisses contained more unspoken promises than they could ever convey with words.

For once, in the safety of his arms, and their lips slotted together, she did believe that yes, happiness wasn't always Evanescent, and that maybe, they could make what they had eternal.

The firm press of a warm hand against hers,  the soft smile that conveyed so much, and strong arms wrapped around her were the physical embodiments of her thoughts, and after such a long time, she finally found herself listening to the light buzzing in her chest, the soft sighs of happiness and his warmth, giving herself away. What was to happen, had to happen.

She wouldn't have it any other way.

-

The end.

-

"I don't need a lot of things,
I can get by with nothing
Of all the blessings life can bring,
I've always needed something
But I've got all I want
When it comes to loving you
You're my only reason,
You're my only truth"

-

I AM: NOT OKAY DON'T TOUCH ME AHHHAKSKSKSK
ALSO, 2K READS WHAT????? THANK YOU SO MUCH!❤️
Epilogue after this aND BABIES WE DONE W/ IT I FEEL SO NICE MOM, I FEEL SO NICE.
But I don't. I'm gonna miss my stupid story and characters sm I'm-