Chapter -6

SUNDAY

It was around 12 pm up and ready to shift things up, I already called up Kyle and Stacey to help us shifting. They were excited and sad, they both were already inside packing up with the kitchenware (they both had the keys). "You guys look fresh, a lot of work last night huh??" said Stacey in a sarcastic tone.

"Nothing like that", I said as I kept my bag on the couch. I walked towards them to give them a proper greeting. "So engaged and moving in all in 2 nights back to back", she said looking all excited. "Let's go in to the cupboards, boys can manage the kitchen" I said as I took her hand and took her to the bedroom.

The boys didn't know what just happened and but ignored it and started working after they shook hands with an awkward hug. It is true boyfriend can never always be friends with my best male friend.

I and stacey jumped onto the bed as we walked in gossiping everything that happened last night and before the night. "You are getting married and I cannot even get laid here", she said in a jealous tone.

"No worries. you soon will." I said with a smirk.

We both got up opened up my cupboard and started packing up the stuff, while keeping some of them behind. In case I needed them, I can always come back here if I needed them and always Stacey, whenever she needed them. We packed up 3/4th of my cupbord into boxes labelling them, so tired and came outside.

The boys have finishes the entire kitchen, a little from the store room and placed in perfect place, and were now watching their game. Beers in their hand and I such tension like their lives depend on this game and finally stood up shouting "yeah, this is how they do it." Did a manly hug. "I won, now you owe me 200 bucks Kyle." Ben said, while his hands still in the air.

Kyle takes out his wallet and hands out the money.

"Anyone wants pizza? My treat!" Ben said.

"Cheese pizza!" I and Stacey shouted out together.

Ben called up the pizza place and ordered the pizza.

Half hour later pizza arrived, I had a bottle of wine kept for times like this. I took out the bottle and poured it in mugs and we sat down on the floor with boxes and mugs and kept of chatting until we didn't realise the time.

2 am.

"Omg!! It is too late! We need to go back."

"It is okay stay, sleep here you can wear something mine Stacey and Ben, Kyle has some clothes here, you can borrow that." I said as I knew no one will oppose to that.

We stood up freshened up and I and Stacey took the main bedroom while Kyle took the guest bedroom and Ben was on the couch near the fireplace.

Stacey and I however stayed up talking about the wedding preparations and the bachelorette.

THE NEXT MORNING

Stacey and I called in sick, while Ben and Kyle head off to their work simultaneously after we made them breakfast.

Stacey and I decided to take the boxes to Ben's place and once we are done with it, we will head out to dinner.

While I packed one last box, there was a photo of me and Ben of prom (none of us had dates,so we three decided to go together). The way we looked at each other, it reminded me of the time when I had my first crush on him. I could have never admitted my feelings to him so I kept it to myself and forgot about it.

I put it back in the box as I hear Stacey's footsteps approaching, but it cannot be her, she just went downstairs. A hand on my eyes, "guess who?"

"Ben, you came!" I said as I looked at him. "What about work?"

"I told them I was not feeling well, acted up to threw up a little and here I am."

And again we had a moment, when I hugged him, he smelled so good, so himself, I just wished things would have been like this: me and Ben while Stacey is with Kyle. I wish things could be like this. I took a long breath before I released him.

"Just keep all the boxes in car and drop them off at my new apartment and then go for lunch, how does that sound?" I asked as I taped the final box and picked it up to take it to the car.

"Are you coming?" I asked Ben as I walked out of the room, he came behind me with 2 boxes on top of each other, placed it in my car.

We filled up all three cars and started going towards the apartment.

We placed all the boxes in the apartment and started deciding where to go for lunch, "the pizza place 4 blocks away from here." I said as I took my car keys, "Last one to reach there, will pay the bill."

As they listened, they too quickly took their respective keys, sat in their cars but I was the first one to start my car and be in first place.

............TO BE CONTINUED........