CHAPTER -1

"It is not like we can get any late you know". I said while finally completing my look with my new black jimmy choo shoes. I was admiring myself in the mirror one final time, before I can again barge on my friend Stacey who was still doing her hair.

I barged onto her while she was applying her lipstick and she got so scared that it spread everywhere on her face except her lips.

"You are a witch", Stacey said while she wipped off the excess one off her face. I laughed until I consumed all of my oxygen and was almost breathless.

She threw a towel at me and said, "Help me zip up". I did that and we both admired ourselves in the mirror before taking off for the office party.

Looking perfect, me in a perfect blue dress, silver earrings and silver shoes. Stacey with her short black dress and red Charles and Keith for her, we bought specially for this occasion.
"Took the keys and the invitation card", she said while I was still admiring myself in the mirror. She clicked her fingers and I am out of my bubble and leave the house.

We step in the car, put our seatbelts on and she took the opportunity to be fast and furious 9 and that is the reason I don't let her drive ever.

"Go slow I don't want to die before being at a party", I said while I clinched to the bar over my head and the seat.

As the car slowed down I was all relaxed, stepped out of the car and was almost about to kiss the pavement if I hadn't had to attend this party. I thank god for saving me from being a part of this drive. We reached the gates of the club and being a private party the bouncers opened the door as we showed them our vip passes. They greeted us and we went in with the flow finalising the looks of each other for the last time before being the centre of attraction.

We entered the club and there it was everyone looking at us. We waved out to everyone and moved ahead for the party. Ken our boss came toward us with a glass of wine in his hand. "You both look incredible. It is because of you both so enjoy the party and do not make any mistakes you might regret later". We laughed at it saying, "Believe me, I wont. Perhaps she might". We all laughed it out.

Suddenly a pair of arms gripped me from behind exhaling near my ears, I recognised that breath, that sweet breath which could do things to me I never imagined.

"Ben I know it is you". He turned me over towards his face. He came close to me and said, "You look gorgeous, I hope you did not do much because then I will have to remove more at night". I blushed as his words turned me on wanting more of him now more than usual, but instead we decided to close the deal with a deep passionate kiss.

"Hello, hungry bears, eat up each other later, for now enjoy the party". We came back to our senses as she snapped her fingers and brought us back to life.

She took my hand and we went over to the bar to get the cocktails we have loved. The bartender brought us our cocktails. "Have a good night ladies".

We touched our shoulders. "We will thank you".

As we started sipping on our cocktails, the music just started getting to us. We ordered 2 tequila shots, we poured them down our throats and through our telepathy decided to enjoy like there is no tomorrow.

We went on the centre of the dance floor and there was another hand on my shoulder. I turned back and it was our third wheel of the tricycle. "Kyle! You are here. We thought you were not going to make it". I said as I hugged him.

"Are you kidding me? Friday night, day off tomorrow and free booze for the entire night. Would not miss it for the world." He said while he hugged Stacey.

The music had got to us and even Ben joined us. Tired of dancing we all decided to head to the buffet, all the dancing made us all super hungry.

We all took up a china dish and started pouring our food, I filled up my plate so much that I could not see the colour of the dish anymore. All of them laughed at me knowing what a foodie I am and it was all comfort food, nothing too chique like they used to have at previous parties.

We all sat down at a table far away from the music as we could, as soon as I sat down I didn't try to use the cutlery with proper manners and started eating my food. I was lost in my own world while Ben, Kyle and Stacey talked about the party. I was too busy enjoying my own world lost in sandwiches, burgers, pizza, mac and cheese, and wine to swallow it all down. Ben cleared face as he saw the cheese dropping down my lips with his towel, but did not say anything because he knew how much I loved mac and cheese. Ben let me be me and this totally made me fall in love with him even more.

Stacey and Kyle stared at us and I think they wondered if they had someone like Ben a partner to be with them.

We finished our food and drinks. While the boys went back to the dance floor to search for some girls for Kyle, Stacey and I decided to head over to ladies room to groom up before going back out there.

"So Ben, huh. You guys have been dating for like 3 years, when are you guys going to seal the deal?" She said as she fixed her lipstick.

"I don't know, we have not talked about it yet. We are just going with the flow." I replied as I fixed my hair and dress. We gave a final check on everything before leaving.

"I hope you know what you are doing", Stacey said as we walked out, which got me wondering "is she right?" But I ignored the thought and thought to just enjoy life as it comes.

We all 4 again met up at the bar and started doing vodka flaming shots this time. We were all drunk before we knew it but still continued to drink like there is no tomorrow.

We were enjoying the party in a full swing in the middle of the dance floor and seemed like we owned the dance floor, and suddenly in a glimse Ben was down on one knee...