When The Rain Washes You Clean

Start from the beginning

"Just doing my job."

"Delete those, right now." Lindsey demanded.

"No way man, do you know he much these are going to be worth?"

Lindsey gritted his teeth, his fists clenching. "Fucking delete them."

The photographer continued to snap photos, Lindsey loosing it.

"You piece of shit!" He swung his fist towards him, the photographer ducked, Stevie screaming.

"Lindsey!"

Lindsey charged towards the man, feeling himself being held back by her tiny weight.

Stevie had wrapped her arms around his waist, dig her feet in to the sidewalk, trying with all her strength to hold him back. "He's not worth it, Lindsey stop it!"

Lindsey was shaking with anger, whirling around. His blue eyes pierced in to hers, his anger soothing seeing the fear in her brown eyes.

He quickly dragged her away from the photographer, Stevie smacking at him as he pulled her along.

He ducked in to a secure ally way, letting her go. He had to shield himself when her hands began to furiously smack at him. "Stevie!"

"You idiot! You could have gotten hurt!" She was still striking him, Lindsey gripping her wrists in his hands and stopping her.

"What about Joe Stevie!"

"I don't care about Joe, I care about you and he could have hurt you!"

"I was trying to stop him!"

They were screaming at one another, their chests heaving.

"You do realize that those pictures will be in every magazine by tomorrow morning?"

"I don't care anymore Lindsey!" She tried to calm him, setting aside her own anger.

"Joe will find out." He broke away, running a hand through his curls as he paced. "Shit, Carol Ann will see them."

Stevie felt her heart drop to the pit of her stomach, swallowing the lump in her throat. "If I'm an inconvenience to you I can just leave."

Lindsey froze, shaking his head furiously. "No, baby no." He quickly enveloped her in his arms, holding her tight. "She shouldn't find out this way, I was going to tell her as soon as we got back to the states."

Stevie felt tears brimming her eyes, overwhelmed by the situation. "What do we do?"

"I guess we just wait. I'll have to call Carol tonight."

She could feel the tension, along with a coolness against her skin. She pulled away, glancing up at the sky, seeing rain droplets falling from the gray storm clouds.

She giggled, breaking the tension between them. Lindsey couldn't help but grin down at her. "What?"

"When the rain washes you clean you'll know."

"That could be a song."

Stevie grinned up at him. "It could huh."