cara sunday after

That Sunday, Cara met Marlena at her mom's house. Marlena had been so worried; as much as Cara wanted to loll around in bed thinking of Mark it was important she go out and see for herself.

Anna and her girls had a nice lunch together. Marlena and Cara were relieved to see that Anna seemed perfectly fine. Maybe it was just a reaction to stress. Her father's death had been very hard on her mother. They had been married for thirty years.

After dinner Cara and Marlena decided to go to her place to talk. They walked the four blocks to Marlena's apartment arm in arm.

When they got to Marlena's she poured them a glass of cabernet and the two girls both heaved themselves onto the old couch that had once been in their downstairs family room.

"Ma seemed more her old self today, didn't she?" Cara asked hopefully.

"Today was fine, but she just seems like she's disoriented once in a while. Somedays she's talking gibberish about stuff. Stuff that happened a long time ago or stuff that I don't even know if it actually happened" Marlena said, clasping her hands and looking worried.

"Like that time we were at dinner the other week and she was asking about if you locked up at the store?" Cara asked.

"Yeah. But not always. Sometimes she's 100 percent there. Last night she called me and told me to turn off the ovens. It was 11:30 already. I told her I had and just hung up. But I figured we should both see what was going on. Sorry to drag you up here again so soon."

"Don't be ridiculous. I love coming to lunch here. By the way, I had a great night last night, " Cara smiled mysteriously. "Tell you when I get back!" She walked back to the bathroom and closed the door.

"No fair leaving me hanging!" Marlena shouted after her. She took a big sip of wine and smiled. She so loved her sister.

While she was in the bathroom, Cara's phone went off. Marlena grabbed it and saw "Mark Chambers" pop up on the screen.

"Hey, Sexy Fireman is calling!" she called out excitedly.

Cara mumbled something from behind the closed door which Marlena couldn't make out. She could not resist having a little fun. "Hello?" she said in a sexy voice, smiling mischievously.

The was a pause on the other end. "Uh, Cara?"

Marlena wrinkled her brow. It sounded like the caller from last weekend. But it was coming from Mark's number...

"There's no Cara here," she said suspiciously. "Who are you looking for?"

Mark was silent for a moment, confused. He had hit Cara's contact number and gotten the same wrong number again.

"Sorry, I thought this was someone else's line. Must be a carrier screw up." He said, still bewildered.

Marlena's stomach dropped as she put two and two together. The fireman was cheating on her sister with someone named Cara.

Cara walked into the room; Marlena looked up at her stricken and dropped the phone.

"Mar, who called?" Cara said, as she plopped down on the couch next to her.

"Um, it was a wrong number," she said quickly avoiding Cara's eyes. "Hey, I'd better get going." She wanted to leave and digest what just happened. She'd have to tell Cara but she couldn't do it just now.

Just then the phone went off again, Mark's name staring up at them from the screen. Marlena looked at her in a panic. Cara caught her breath, finally realizing what had just happened.

"Mar, please wait while I take this. I need to talk to you," Cara said, resigned. It was going to come out one day; might as well be today. "Mark, what's up?" she said trying to sound casual. Marlena watch her with wide eyes.