After dinner...

Out on 5th street, Mark spun her around, until she was facing him. He put both hands on her face and kissed her the way he'd been wanting to all night. Intense, deep and with passion. Tongues interlaced and they paused, enjoying the new sensation of tasting each other. Cara ran her hands through his hair, pushing back that errant lock that she'd been wanting to touch since she'd first met him. Mark whispered, "Time to go."

Cara shivered. "Are you cold?" he asked.

"Just a little," she replied.

"Here," Mark took his jacket and draped it over her shoulders.

They hopped on the bike and Mark started the ride home. When he turned the corner of 79th there was a spot waiting for them, right near the entrance to her building. Cara jumped off, wincing a little. As much as she loved the shoes, her Louboutins had started to hurt. She couldn't wait to take them off, as well as a few other items of clothing.

Mark walked her to the building entrance, arm around her waist. She still wore the soft leather jacket, loving the feel and the smell of him on her.  Mark paused in front of the entrance and pulled her towards him.

"Want to come up and finish the Pinot we started? I hate to throw away good wine," she said, smiling seductively.

"That would be a waste, wouldn't it?" He held out his arm for her to take as they walked inside. George gave them a discreet nod as the walked by on the way to the elevator.

When the doors shut, Mark leaned against the railing pulling Cara over to him. She leaned into him, pressing her body onto his. Their mouths found each other again, tongues dancing. Cara rubbed her hips against Mark and felt him start to harden underneath his jeans. His breathing grew heavier and his hands moved up underneath her tank in search of her breasts. His right hand pushed under her bra and with he grazed her nipple. They both moaned. "You're making me crazy," Mark said. He pulled her closer, so she could feel his full erection.

The elevator doors opened and they tumbled out barely separating as they made their way to her apartment door. Cara fumbled in her purse for her keys, opened the door and led him to her overstuffed couch. Mark sat heavily and Cara straddled him, their throbbing parts separated only by their jeans. She kissed him hungrily, stroking his face and letting her fingers get caught in his hair. She unbuttoned his shirt and she could feel Mark almost smiling.

Cara pulled back slightly. Her hair was wild, her sweater half off. "What's so funny?" she asked breathlessly.

"I'm finally seeing the killer come out in you. I like it" he said, his hands grabbing her backside and pulling her even closer to him. "Kiss me," he whispered, and pulled her back towards him. Cara leaned into him, pushing him down on the couch. Mark gently flipped her so her back was against the sofa's, and started kissing her neck, slowly moving his way down to her breasts. He reached behind her back and unsnapped her bra. He sat up and paused. "You are so beautiful." Cara stroked his chest, "I'm not sure what I'm going to do with you."

Suddenly a phone rang, breaking the moment. Cara listened. It was Marlena's ring. She looked at her watch. Already past midnight. She had to answer it.

"Sorry, Mark. I have to answer this." She found the phone crammed down in the cushions. When she swiped it, she noticed the screen was filled with a number of text messages. Cara sat up and rearranged her clothing.

"Carmen? I've been trying to reach you all night." Marlena sounded worried.

"Sorry. My phone must have been off. What's up?" Cara was still a little out of breath. Mark sat up and started buttoning his shirt, pushing back his hair. He stood up and whispered, "bathroom?" Cara pointed towards the back of her apartment.

"Is someone there?" Marlena asked.

"Yeah. I met the fireman tonight." Cara looked to make sure Mark was out of range of hearing.

"Listen, Mom's been acting kind of weird. I think we both should go over there tomorrow for dinner. I'm worried. She wasn't sure who I was on the phone the other day and seemed kind of disoriented."

"Ok" said Carmen. "Regular time?"

"Yeah. I'll try to get there a little earlier but I probalby won't make it until 4 earliest."

"Ok. I'll do the same." Cara looked up. Mark was walking down the hallway towards her. "i gotta go."

"Ok, baby girl. We'll talk more tomorrow. Don't have too much fun with fireman."

"Kk. Love you." said Cara, invoking the old stand by.

"Love you more," responded Marlena.

Cara ended the call. Mark was looking at her. "i guess it's time for me to go," he said. Cara stood up and grabbed his hand.

"That's not how I wanted to end it tonight." she said.

"S'ok." Mark said. "This means there'll be another time." He pulled her to him and stoked her face with his hand. "Good things are worth waiting for."

Cara smiled up at him.

"I'll call you." said Mark. Cara straightened slightly. Mark noticed. "what?"

"Hope you're not one of those guys who just say that."

Mark grabbed her two hands and kissed them. "Do you think I"m just like the tools you work with? I keep my word." He gently brushed her nose and turned to go.  "I'll see you soon,"   Mark showed himself out and was gone.

Cara walked around her apartment, straightening out the cushions, putting the wine glasses away and touching herself where Mark had touched her. She re played the night in her head. It had been a good, no a great night. She turned out the lights in the front room and started washing up, getting ready for bed. Next time she might not have this luxury. She smiled. If only!