Please...

Tails' POV

I looked in the mirror after taking a quick shower. Fixed my bangs and made sure my fur wasn't sticking out, so I didn't look like a wild animal.
I looked at my three long and two short bangs from my forehead and blew them away, only for then to fall back into my face.
"Man, they are long.." I chuckled to myself and got my clothes on. A grey long hoodie and simple blue jeans along with my mechanic belt.

It was late at night and it was time for my work.

For some years ago, I got a call from a person on my job saying that I had to work longer. I asked him why, but he didn't know himself, so I just went with it. Work is work.

I walked out of the bathroom and got my keys and was about to open the outside door, that was when I heard a cute and soft voice from upstairs. "Daddy..?" I turned around and saw Sound wave walking slowly down the stairs, rubbing her eyes and had her night gown on.

"Are you leaving now...?" Her small hedgehog ears fell flat down on her head and she looked up at me sadly. I sighed and bendt down on my knees in front of her and kissed her head. "Yeah sweety, Daddy needs to leave now.. I have work to do" I gave her a sad smile and stood up. "Be a good girl and go back to sleep" I smiled and followed her back to the room. I kissed her forehead and smiled the most soft smile I could pull out. She smiled back at me tiredly and yawned cutely. "Goodnight Daddy..." She said before falling back to sleep.

I closed the door behind me and walked slowly into Sonic's room. I peeked slowly my head inside to see. He was asleep. I smiled and walked over to him and kissed his soft lips. Only to be pushed down again with a strong arm. I gave a short, surprised moan at Sonic's action and I could hear Sonic's soft chuckle. "Did you really think I was asleep?~" He smirked at me in the dark. His emerald green eyes sparkling with cheer. I chuckled back, my body gave in and kissed him back. Sonic is just irrestible and I can't fight how hot he is.

Sonic sat up and pulled me gently in his lap while kissing me. Soft and innocent turned into hot and pleasureable. Sonic held my waist and moved his hands on my body.
I made a soft moan and let go of his lips, noticing that I would be late soon. "S-Sonic, I need to work" I chuckled as he kissed my neck and a bright blush formed on my cheeks.
"Awh.." I heard him say. I smiled and got out of his lap that now had a lump and kissed his cheek. "Calm your hormones Sonic, we are not having another one"
We both laughed at my comment and I walked out the door. "Good luck sexy~" I blushed red when I heard Sonic say that. "Shut up..." But I smiled as I closed the door and went outside to my night work.

Sonic's POV

I stretched my body like it was a meter longer than it is and yawned. I looked up at the grey looking ceiling and blinked a few times to wake up. I slowly sat up and shook my head, looking over to my left to see a lump of a body and a head. Sleeping deeply.

I smiled, hugged my boyfriend from behind and placed a kiss on the back of his neck. I felt a shiver from my kitsune and he moved slowly over to face me. I widened my eyes once I saw how tired he was. Black bags under his eyes were visible, his fur was messy and stood out to all sides and the once sparkling and cheerful eyes, was now empty and blank. "Tails... How long did you work..?" I was so shocked, Tails have learned when it was enough.

He yawned and looked back into my eyes. "I came home at... 6 am..." Tails said. I looked at the clock on the wall and it showed 8 am. 2 hours of sleep. I hugged him close to me and stroked my hand on his head slowly. Making soft noises and helping him fall asleep again. After a minute or two, deep breathing came from Tails. He was asleep.

I sat there and relaxed. It was weekend anyways, so no rush in helping Sound wave to school.
I slowly laid Tails tired body in bed and tucked the soft blanket around him. I kissed his cheek and went downstairs. Sound wave sat in the couch playing playstation. I chuckled and let her. "Good morning Dad" I heard her say while her eyes were glued to the tv screen. I ruffled her small bangs and she gave me a smile in return.

Empty plates on the table in front of her tells me she have eaten breakfast already. I smiled and grabbed something simple from the kitchen, an apple. I wasn't going to eat a real meal before I knew that Tails is ok. He looked like haven't slept in a week. He really must have worked himself off.

It has been 10 years after Tails have gotten that phone call from his partners at work, saying that he needed to work longer at nightime. I didn't like it, but I can't change his work schedule. Each morning after his work was done, he began coming later and later home from work. Last night it was 5 am, today was 6 am. Will tomorrow be 7 am? I am starting to worry if he is pushing himself to work harder for us. We have enough money, so why did he work so long.

I snapped out of my thinking bubble when I heard heavy steps down the stairs. I peeked out of the kitchen and saw Sound wave hugging her tired father, but a happy smile were visible on his muzzle. No matter how tired he got, Sound wave was always an excuse to stay awake. Not that it's a bad thing, but it's bad for his health.

I stepped in the small hugging scene and hugged Tails from behind. "Tails sweety.. You need to sleep..."I looked at him shaking his head slowly. "I'd rather be with you and Sound wave than sleep alone" What did I say? I sighed in defeat and helped him lump down in the couch and he started watching Sound wave playing games on the tv.

I heard him chuckle whenever she died in the game. Her reactions were hilarious. Her face turned red in frustration and she were about to throw the console on the ground before Tails snapped it out of her hand and started playing himself.

He finished the stage quite easily and even I was shocked. To be in his tired state, he managed to put a smile on his muzzle.

Time passed until it was midnight, Tails got ready for his work again after singing Sound wave to sleep. I looked at him once he picked up his stuff and sighed. "Tails..."
"I have to leave now Sonic" He told me straight away and left left kiss on my cheek. I grabbed his wrist and made him stop. He took his arm to himself and made his way to the door.

I grabbed both of his wrists and pinned him towards the wall. He looked shocked, but I kept calm and looked straight into his eyes. I looked for answers and his eyes always revealed something, but this time they were dark and all I could get out of them were a thick dark mist.
"You're hiding something" I told him straight away. He looked at me with what looked like sadness and regret, but love and care. "Some secrets aren't meant to be told... I love you Sonic" He got out of my grip and picked up his bag, took one last look on me before he closed the door.

For some reason. Whatever he hid. It wasn't a good thing...