Love hurts

Sonic's POV

I was running around in Leaf forest, like I always do. The wind hit my face and it made me feel free. I then stopped not so far away from the forest. I looked up and saw Tails sitting on the edge of a hill. Swaying his legs softly and I heard his soft voice humming a melody.
I blushed when I heard his voice. It was so calm and yet strong at the same time. I walked up to him and sat beside the fox. "Hi Tails" I smiled and talked to him in a lovely way for some reason. Tails turned around and saw me, he then smiled and laid a tail next to me. "Hi Sonic" He answered back and looked out in the horizon again.

I blushed when I saw Tails' beautiful crystal blue eyes with sparkles. My heart skipped a beat and it was a wonderful feeling. Tails soon enough slowly stood up and it looked like he was about to leave, so I quickly stood up too. "Tails, wait" I said calmly and reached my hand out to him. He turned around and looked at me, then smiled and took my hand. I pulled him close to my chest and botn his other hand landed on my chest. He looked surprised with with a small blush on his white muzzle. "S-Sonic?" Tails stuttered. I only smiled at him and slid my hand towards his cheek and brought it up towards my head. "Tails. There is something, I want to tell you..." I said with a blush as I looked deep into his eyes. He nodded to let me continue. I took took a deep breath and looked at him. "I... I love you Tails" I said straight out to him. He only smiled softly and got closer and closer to my lips. "There is something you deserve better than me Sonic.." Tails said in a little deep voice. Wait, deep voice? I then felt myself in a little uneasy situation.
I felt Tails push me a little gently. "To fall in a never ending hole of darkness" His soft smile turned into an evil smirk and his eyes turned blood red as he pushed me over the edge of the cliff.

"TAAAAIIHHH!!!"

I heard someone squeak in surprise and then a heavy thud. I looked around with wide open eyes. I felt my body shaking with fear and cold sweat running down my back. I couldn’t stop panting, but as soon as I saw I were in a room and not a never ending hole, I soon became more calm.
"S-Sonic?" I heard a small voice say. I looked over the edge of the couch and saw Tails laying on the floor with a terrified look on his face, but also concern.

"Sonic..? Are you.." Tails didn't finish the sentence because I hugged him close. Tails hugged back and slowly started running hus fingers through my quills "It was just a dream" I heard him say. It may have only been just a dream, but at the same time it looked so real. What if this is Tails' response if I tell him how I feel?

Tails' POV

Sonic was still thinking about his nightmare. I don't know what the nightmare was about, but it must have been pretty bad. He never acts like this.
I made him breakfast though, he didn't seem to notice I was standing right in front of him, so I had to speak up.
"Um.. Here's your breakfast Sonic" I said with a smile handing the plate of chillidogs. "Oh! Th-Thanks bud!" Sonic said as he grabbed the plate. I decided to sit down beside him on the couch and ask: "What was the nightmare about?" I looked at him curious.
"Uh... nothing special..." He just replied."Hm... It didn't look like it when you woke up screaming" I said with concern as I placed a hand on his leg. "So? It's a nightmare. It's supposed to be bad, right?" He said as he looked at me, but it didn't look like he understood his own words. I only sighed and looked at him. "Look Sonic, the nightmare you had wasn't just a nightmare. When it is you wake up normaly, only a little earlier, but like now, It's something bad" I told him.
"You have a point..." He only said and looked down.
I decided to make things a little better by giving Sonic a hug, so I leaned forward and hugged Sonic tight. Which caused Sonic to blush.
"You don't have to tell me if it makes you unconfortable. I am just trying to help" I reassured him.
"I know Tails. Sorry, but it makes me unconfortable..." He told me honestly, but he felt ashamed, I could feel it.
"It's ok Sonic, but just remember that you don't have to be afraid of telling me anything, ok?" I looked Sonic in his eyes while smiling.
"Yeah, I will" Sonic said as he gave me a quick wink to make me understand he got it. I felt a blush go trough my cheeks, so I only looked away embarrassed.

Right after my little speech, I heard a knock on the door. So I turned around after the sound.
"I'll get it" I said and stood up from where I was sitting and walked towards the door. I opened the door slowly and could bearly see who it was before the person stormed in the house and jumped onto Sonic.
"Hi Sonikku!!" A pink hedgehog said as she hugged Sonic so tight that he could bearly breathe.
"Hi... Ames" Sonic said trying to catch his breath.
It happened so fast that I still stood by the door looking confused. My mind worked really slowly today, but i soon figured out what happend and closed rhe door.
Honestly I am kind of jealous and angry that Amy just runs in and hugs Sonic without a second thought. Sonic then made a move and pushed Amy away, trying to catch some air.
"Sorry Sonikku~ I was just so happy to see you again!" Amy said with a bright smile on her face and a sugar sweet tone. Jeez, I sometimes wonder if that girl eats anything but cookies and candy...
"Yeah... I kinda realized" Sonic said as he tried to smile his best smile to Amy.
That made Amy blush alot. 'What doesn't that pink hedgehog blush of? Oh yeah, anything Sonic doesn't do...'

There was an awkward silence before I broke it.
"So, Amy, why are you here in the first place?" I asked. Not that I didn't know...
"Oh yeah! Well... Can you leave me and Sonic alone for awhile? I want to ask him something in private..."

I was about to protest, but Sonic just nodded in silence, which made me just to walk out. Because I knew that Sonic wanted to know what Amy was talking about, and I respect that. Anything for the love of my life...

I saw Sonic was courius about what Amy had to say to him, but were also a little nervous. He may have a little idea of what it is. I however, was NOT exited at all. Therefore, I put my ear against the door to the living room and I could bearly hear what she said, but what I heard was:

....Sonic....long time... love...you...

I heard something about 'love'. This didn't make me feel better at all. I felt my heart slowly shatter as I walked a little away from the door, but before my thoughts started digging deeper into what could happen, I heard sobbing and crying, and then a slam from a door.
I took this as a hint and opened the door slowly and looked towards Sonic who had his head lowered and a blank expression on his face.
"What just happend?" I carefully asked him. He slowly looked up from the ground and up at me. He then spoke up with something that made my heart skip a beat with hope.

"I have feelings for someone else"