Thoughts

Sonic woke up by the sun shining through the hospital window. He looked up at the white ceiling and realized he had fallen asleep. As he was about to rise up from the bed. Sonic realized he had weight on him. His eyes looked down to his lap and saw a sweet sleeping yellow kitsune on it. Tails nuzzled up against Sonic's chest, like he were dreaming about hugging. Sonic could only smile lovingly to his cute kitsune friend. He gently stroke Tails' head so his three bangs fell back and forth. His eyes went to the clock hanging on the left wall.
6:30.
Sonic felt movement on his lap. It made him jump a little. Whitch caused Tails to wake up. Tails opened his eyes slowly and pulled himself back in place. On his knees.
His eyes were still sleepy and a big yawn escaped his mouth, so Sonic could see his fox fangs. After the yawn, Tails looked at Sonic with surprised eyes.
"Sonic? ... What are you doing here?"
"Seems like I fell asleep. Heh..."
Sonic itched the back of his head to show he was sorry. Tails only looked at Sonic with a blank and unreadable face.
"...Oh..."
Was the only word that came out. Sonic expected a little more of a reaction from him. It's like he didn't care if he fell asleep with him or not.
It was an awkward silence for awhile, but Sonic managed to break it.
"So... Did you sleep well?"
He realized that when he said that. His cheek gave out a small blush, but he hid it well.
"Well... yeah. I had a really nice dream.."
Tails gave a small smile and blushed a little bit as well, when he said that. Sonic was courius.
"What did you dream about buddy?"
He asked in a courius tone and left a smile with it.
Tails' eyes widened and his cheeks were turning red. It looked like he had seen a ghost or something. A hot ghost.
"Uh... I... I don't want to tell..."
Tails' ears fell to his head, but he still held his blush. While his eyes wandered somewhere else in embarresment.
Sonic regret what he said, but he couldn't help his couriosity.
'Did Tails dream about me?
Our times together?
Someone he loves?'
His mind crashed him with questions. Wait a minute...
'Why am I so worried about a dream HE had?'
Sonic only smiled and petted his head, whitch surprised Tails.
"Well... I have to go. The doctor is soon comming."
He didn't wanted a response from Tails, so he dashed out of the room and then the hospital.

- A week later -

Tails have been recovered from his injury now and Sonic is more than happy. He is relieved. His love for the yellow kitsune have been gotten stronger and stronger.
Now.
Everytime Sonic sees his buddy. He gets nervous, blushing and if he can't take it. He runs away.
Jeez.
Love for one another is hard.

Tails on the other hand. Doesn't have an easier time. He have seen that Sonic is acting different around him lately, but he thinks it's because of him. The questions:

'Have I changed?
Does he hate me?
Is it something he's hiding from me?
Am I acting weird?
Is he alright?'

Keep repeating in his head. And stays there until he gets an answer on each one of them. Tails is now in his workshop and fixing T-pup. When he was done. T-pup, as usual, jumped on him and friendly licked his face.
"Haha! T-pup!"
Tails laughed on the ground. He then pushed him off, leaned against the wall and petted T-pup's robot head. Tails gave out a big sigh and looked down at his feet. He sat with his legs crossed and eyes half - closed.
T-pup looked up at his owner and saw that something was wrong. He gave out a small wimp to get Tails' attention. Tails looked down at his metal friend with empty eyes and a sad expression.
"You realized that something is wrong, huh?"
Tails said in a blank tone. T-pup only nodded and gently pushed his owner's arm.
"*Sigh*. T-pup, I have feelings for Sonic, and I want to prove that I am worth his feelings. Him. But now and then when I see him..."

Tails took a minute to figure out the words.

"... He. He either runs away or talk different when I am around. It's like he is keeping something from me. Everytime I try to smile to him. He only blush a little, waves awkwardly back, jumps like he didn't know I was there or runs away."

"Rawr?"

T-pup turned his head to the side in confusion.

"Heh. You can't understand much. You are just a robot dog after all."
Tails smiled and petted T-pup's head so his tail started to wiggle.
He took a minute to think about Sonic's acting change. That was then he realized...

"Wait... Everytime I see him and he see me. Sonic blushes, waves awkwardly back or runs away..."

Tails took a break to organise his thoughts.

"T-pup?"

T-pup looked up at his creator.

"Rawr?"

Tails looked at T-pup with widened eyes. Like one of his dream have come true.

"Do you think Sonic have feelings for me too?"