"You do realize I play basketball and cross country right?" He sarcastically stated, laughing.

"If you are so cocky, let's do it," I challenged.

"What are you kids up to?" My mother interrupted.

"A race," I answered.

"Take it outside," she ordered.

"Yes ma'am ," Jake agreed, grabbing my hand, leading me to the exit.

"Wow, you are really stuck up aren't you," I laughed as he dragged me.

"I'm not stuck up, I'm a gentleman," he replied, smirking.

"Isn't it a dying breed?," I asked, picturing Mason saying the same.

"It's already dead, because the best gentleman is me," he replied smiling like a little kid, making me laugh.

"Mason tells me he is also a gentleman," I stated, waiting for his response.

"Well, does he make you walk?" he asked.

"What are you talking ab-" but before I could finish my sentence he threw me over his shoulder and ran to a patch of grass.

"See, now a real gentleman, doesn't let a girl walk far distances," he smirked, holding me tightly.

"Most guys do," I laughed, letting my arms dangle.

"My point made," he laughed.

"Alright," he put me down carefully."Whoever can make it to that metal fence first, wins," he explained.

"You're on," I laughed, bending down to touch the ground. My track coach always told me the two ways to boost my confidence before any race.

One: when you touch the ground, it makes you closer to the track and makes you feel closer to it, kind of like you can trust it. Secondly: it makes the other opponent sweat bullets. Like you are ready to run and win and they don't have a chance. Especially if you shoot them a devilish smile, which is exactly what I did to Jake.

"Those techniques don't work like that on me love, you actually have to try and act tough and go!" He screamed, taking me off guard as he received a head start.

"You little-" I laughed and ran after him, but before he could reach the fence, I hopped on his back and tackled him to the ground.

"Okay, okay. Truce?" he asked, breathing heavily smiling.

"Sure, we both lost,"I agreed.

"Now, that was the best way to win. Distraction, not those eyes staring through tour soul crap. It's just creepy," he laughed, sill laying on the ground.

"Hey guys, the bags are ready," Mason interrupted.

"Oh, he speaks," Jake teased, helping me up and bumping into his shoulder. Mason looked at me with concern, but I just smiled it off and tapped his chest as I walked back.

I don't know why it's so awkward between us. Cece just messed with my head. It was the last thing I expected from this trip; to see Mason happy with another girl. I guess it's possible that Mason likes Cece and Cece likes Mason. And if they do, I am definitely not getting in between them. It hurt enough to see Mason spending all his time with another girl, but it would hurt more to hang out with both of them...together.

"Race you to the door," Jake screamed from in front of me.

"Cheater, you get a head start," I rolled my eyes.

"Don't hate the player, hate the game," he called and opened the door for me. "Ladies first," he smirked.

"What a gentleman," I gushed.

"It's what I do best," he shrugged, holding the door for Mason as well. But when I looked at Mason, he seemed almost...upset?

Is it because I called Jake a gentleman?It's just a word, you actually have to stick up for the term to make it count. And right now, Jake is doing a better job at this gentleman thing than Mason is. He's really owing it actually.

I walked over to my bags and pulled up the handle. During all this madness between the guys, I almost forgot about my father being on this trip. When he came into sight, I had a mini panic attack. I need to get used to seeing him around my family for the next three weeks. He didn't deserve to come on this trip, but in some twisted way, I understand why he did.

He probably wanted to get closer to his kids and I get that... I honestly do. Everyone makes mistakes, but a fourteen year old one? How can I forgive his so quickly just because he decided to come along on our adventure.

I won't lie, it feels amazing to have my whole family actually together, but it's still odd. It will forever be my mother, Caden and I who will stick together. I wouldn't be surprised if he left right after this trip. Three weeks with  his family, it must be hard on him as well as it is for my mother, Caden and myself. To be surrounded by his mistake 24/7, he's probably overwhelmed.

"Do you have all your stuff?" My father asked and I nodded, walking over to Caden.

"Give him a chance Bella, he's trying," Caden explained.

"I know, it's just hard," I replied.

"I get it, but put yourself in his shoes. Imagine your future kids hating you for something you had done in the past, it would suck. Please try," he pleaded, smiling a little.

"Fine, but for you and mother, not for him," I stated.

"Thank you, and by the way, who is hugging Mason?" He asked raising an eyebrow. making me turn around and see the familiar blonde.

I thought I was free from her. Just for a little bit, but ha. Jokes on me...

***

Authors Note:

Hiya, I want to thank all of you for reading thanks again <3

Who do you ship? Any ship names?