Chapter 51:"It gets better."

BELLATRIX POV:

"There is an underground bunker with a filtration system that is still operational. Some of the water will go to the hydroponic farm isn't that right Mr Green?" Jaha asked excitedly as he began to tell everyone about a way we could all survive. I was sitting with Rigel as we were listening. I didn't want to hear any of it.

"It's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen." Monty called out with a small smile.

"It won't be easy but there will be plenty of hard work to go around. But together we have struggled and together we will rise." Jaha tried to rile everyone up. I only shook my head looking at Rigel who seemed impressed by Jaha.

"You are seriously believing this crap?" I scoffed my eyes narrowing at Jaha. Rigel's blue eyes turned meeting my gaze with a raised eyebrow.

"It is a way to survive, and I have grown quite fond of some red blooded people. Would you not want to live?" Rigel asked sternly. I knew he enjoyed the party but he was wising up quite a bit. Maybe I wasn't completely failing at guiding him.

"There isn't really anything I would consider living for

"There isn't really anything I would consider living for. I mean it all ends in war anyway right?" I rhetorically asked taking a swig of the moonshine. "I'm not going with them." I informed him as Jasper walked up sitting next to me and throwing my arm around me and I turned kissing his cheek. "Are you believing this crap?" I asked as he poured me a drink handing it to me which I freely took.

"Well of course...but I don't believe it's a way to live. Locked up underground for the next five years." Jasper sighed.

"I find it hard to believe you two have survived this long." Rigel lightly teased as Monty and Bellamy walked up to us.

"Jasper, Bellatrix, you're gonna love it." Monty called out walking away and I loudly chuckled.

"My boys all grown up now." Jasper muttered.

"Oh it's a beautiful sight it's like just yesterday he was in diapers." I chuckled as we watched Monty walk off. In truth I felt bad for doing this to Monty.

"So what we're hauled off in a bunker for the next five years?" Someone asked and I cut my eyes to them and Rigel turned back as well.

"Lucky for me I can survive the radiation." Rigel grinned widely.

"Oh we all wish we were you right now. But hey we'll get to relive our days on the ark." I sighed disappointedly. "It probably won't be long before they bring back their old rules. Commit a crime death penalty."

"I don't right, it's such bullshit." The man exclaimed knocking back his drink.

"That is just crazy talk since when do we listen to what Jaha says?" Jasper asked and Rigel got up knocking back his drink.

"You are all idiots you know that but if you must go, keep the party going." He cheered and everyone pressed their drinks together laughing. I wrapped my arm tightly around Jasper as we drank.