CHAPTER 6: "I say we float him"

We'd found Wells dead. If they didn't make everyone feel paranoid and shit then nothing would. Everyone thought it was grounders. Hell I thought it was grounders. But we needed to perceiver. I was standing with Miller and Mbege and we were helping build the fence. I heard someone arguing and saw Murphy was taking a piss on someone. Miller turned to me with an amused smirk.

"I see your boy has a lot of class." He teased me as Mbege and I pushed up a post for him to fix up.

"He's not my boy Miller. He's just a friend." I pointed out with an annoyed huff.

"Whatever you say, I know you are totally into him." Miller laughed shaking his head. Rolling my eyes with an annoyed pout I shoved Miller who was laughing with Mbege.

"You are such a dick." I cussed getting back to work. After a while I went on break getting some water and Murphy walked up to me with a smirk.

"Getting lazy I see." Murphy commented jokingly.

"Hm and you just keep pissing on people I see." I bit back with a smirk up at him.

"Yeah well it wasn't my first time." Murphy pointed out as Clarke stormed up to us pushing me away in a fit of fury.

"You son of a bitch!" Clarke yelled shoving Murphy again and holding up a knife.

"Woah what's your problem?" Murphy asked quickly not getting the idea of what was going on.

"Recognise this?" She asked holding up his knife waving it around in his face. Murphy went to take it back but Clarke moved it away.

"That's my knife. Where did you find it?" Murphy asked.

"Where you dropped it after you killed Wells." Clarke yelled again. I looked over at Murphy. I couldn't say I was surprised or angry. Everyone down here was a victim of what Wells father did. No one really liked him. But I knew Murphy. He wouldn't kill Wells. He had no reason to. Not really. I then turned looking over at Charlotte who looked away guilty and scared.

"When I what?" Murphy asked his confusion growing. "The grounders killed Wells not me"

"I know what you did and you're going to pay for it." Clarke spat nodding her head and Murphy chuckled as if this were a joke.

"Really? Bellamy do you really believe this crap?" Murphy asked making his way over to Bellamy.

"You threatened to kill him we all heard you! You hated Wells." Clarke pointed out cutting over Bellamy's sentence which didn't come.

"Everyone here apart from you and Fin hated Wells. Most of our parents are dead because of his father and not to mention his father locked us up and sent us to the ground to die! Do you have anything else to say Clarke?" I defended Murphy standing in front of him angrily.

"He was the only one that got into a knife fight with Wells." Clarke pointed out.

"I didn't kill him then either." Murphy dryly pointed out.

"He tried to kill Jasper too." Octavia called out making me look to Murphy shocked. I couldn't believe he'd try to do that and Murphy seemed to notice my change and looked around desperately.

"Look I didn't kill Jasper just like I didn't kill Wells. You of all people gotta believe me." Murphy begged and I looked at him unsure. Murphy growled looking around. "This is ridiculous I don't have to answer to you I don't have to answer to any of you!" Murphy called out walking past Clarke.

"Come again?" Bellamy asked clearly wanting Murphy to know who the alpha male was.

"Bellamy man I am telling you I didn't do this." Murphy tried looking between me and Bellamy.