CHAPTER 44: "I kill and fight to survive, not for sport"

ENSIS POV:

Once the morning light came I was the first up and I put the fire out and I waited patiently for the two to wake up. I glanced up at the sky but I couldn't see the stars anymore. The whole time I'd been away from Bellatrix all I could have thought about was Bellatrix whenever it was night time. I'd wronged her. I should have taken her with me. I should have been fearless. Less cowardly. But that was my one defining trait. I was a coward to great lengths. I shouldn't have had this blood. I was not worthy of it. Even my body told me I was not worthy. As it forced me to force the blood out of my mouth. Which I did more regularly now. I watched as Halcyon stirred awake and sat up. "Ensis" He nodded to me and I rubbed my bruised knuckled over my chin as I nodded to my mentor. I'd spent too much time looking after him. "Do you trust him?" Halcyon asked quickly and I eyed Rigel. His name was one of great honour while mine was just destruction. But you could not judge a person by their name.

If that were so then Kali would be evil, Bellatrix would have been born a warrior, Octavia the eight child and so many more, Halcyon would have been a peace maker. But he only bred destruction like me. My eyes set on the sleeping form of Rigel and shrugged. "I believe he'll do a lot of good one day. But I still think he has a lot to learn about humanity." I commented my voice shaky and Halcyon chuckled.

"You will train him as a warrior won't you?" Halcyon asked with a chuckle

"You will train him as a warrior won't you?" Halcyon asked with a chuckle. "You always manage to breed such blood thirsty creatures."

"I won't train him. I will leave that to someone who will be able to reach him." I pointed out frowning as he began to stir awake. "Bos, teik yu ogud, so sta gon we." (Good, get ready we're moving out.) I informed everyone and got up and Rigel followed slowly getting on his horse as we began on our way.

BELLATRIX POV:

I was currently sitting on the outskirts of a village eating an apple I'd gotten from a nearby tree. I was not accepted by many of the villagers but they didn't need to know I was Skaikru. I spoke the language. As far as I was concerned a good lie kept you alive. Once I was done resting I changed into my new clothing, it was getting colder the closer I got to Shallow Valley. I then climbed on top of my horse and rode off on it. Once night fell I climbed off and lit a fire. Sitting around it I sharpened my knives. I heard someone rustling around in the behind me and I stood up narrowing my eyes at the trees engulfs by darkness.

I promised myself I wouldn't kill. But I would kill to survive. I needed to find Ensis. And I knew in doing so I'd break my morals. I man jumped from behind the bushed and tackled me to the ground. I kicked him off and kicked him in the face grabbing the knife I had and slamming my boot down on his face again before holding a knife to his neck but I then noticed he had a knife to my stomach, a place where it would be life threatening. Something told me he knew that. I then narrowed my eyes at him. "Chon yu bilaik?" (Who are you?) I demanded to know as he threw me off quickly and kicked me in the side. He then grabbed my hair holding a knife to my throat.