CHAPTER 21:"We live in a land of cowards"

The sweat beading formed on my forehead causing the hair to cling to me as I ran behind Kali trying to keep up. The terrain was rough and I'd had to jump my fair few logs or roots as my feet clashed against the damp dirt. Once Raven and Wick came into view we stopped and Raven smirked over at me. "Last time I saw you, you looked a whole lot better." Raven pointed out with a small laugh and I narrowed my eyes at her giving her a smile.

"And last time I saw you, well you looked worse." I commented with a chuckle.

"We need to get into the area. Follow me." Kali ushered everyone running forward and Raven tried to keep up as we snuck into the area. Kali got her arrow out and began shooting through the necks of the mountain men. I got my gun shooting another one and I waited near them with Kali. "I should be in the battle. Not babysitting." Kali snarled looking around and I glanced over at her.

"Fighting isn't all we are Kali. There is more to life than that. There has to be." I shared with her meeting her gaze sternly. Her hardened eyes seemed to soften long enough for her to actually feel bad.

"And what if there isn't?" Kali inquired back narrowing her eyes as Raven and Wick got to work.

"Fine geeze you can tell me a Dam joke already. Get it? Dam joke?" Raven asked drawing our attention. I chuckled lightly watching the two working.

"I got it. Your jokes are terrible." Wick pointed out. "Now concentrate we don't have all day."

"I think I liked you better before we had sex." Raven scoffed.

"Right back at you. They can't leave if you push them away first. How's that working out for ya? I'll get started on level five." Wick then went to walk away when a radio began making noise and we all gathered looking at it. I grabbed my gun looking around.

"Wick watch out." Raven shrieked and Kali nodded to me and I kicked the person who was on Wick off before shooting them through their suit effectively killing them. I then knelt down next to Wick.

"How you doing Wick?" I asked him with a small smile.

"Emasculated." Wick shared groaning. I then gave him a toothy grin.

"Just the way I like my boys." I pointed out laughing and Raven then walked forward.

"They are sending backup we have to hurry up and leave as quick as we can." Raven demanded as they both then walked away and paused seeing the bomb.

"What happens if we only blow four of the five?" Wick asked.

"It doesn't work, everyone we love dies." Raven shared and I looked over at them feeling guilty.

"Isn't there another way you can blow them?" Kali asked stepping forward. She must've had someone she cared about in here I concluded watching her worried face.

"No." Raven shook her head going to sit down. "Wick stop!" Raven yelled after a while of sitting there pondering what they were going to do.

"I'm not doing anything." Wick pointed out.

"I know." Raven snapped.

"It's not my fault you didn't make enough bombs." Wick snarled.

"Five turbines five bombs. Maybe if you hadn't dropped the last one we wouldn't-"The two then began bickering. I huffed annoyed and I sat down myself worried about everyone in the mountain including myself. I didn't know how many people we could hold off before they took us as well. The two then began to work their magic having made up a plan. We then heard people coming after us and Raven pressed a button. I got my gun out shooting one and Kali shot another Raven grabbed us and pulled us back ready to blow one up. When the final one blew up we were blown back and I grunted falling to the ground. I then looked over to Kali who was unconscious having been closer than the rest of us. I checked the round in my gun and noticed I didn't have any clips left. I got my daggers out nervously twisting them in my hands.