Chapter 12

"Omg you didn't do that," Hafsa burst out laughing.

"That's my cousin, you followed him all the way from Silverbird to Coldstone?"

"And bumped into him intentionally?"

"When people ask how you guys meet and you tell them you bumped into each other at Coldstone, it will look like a movie or book. They won't know the bumping part was intentional,"

"And you dialled  your number using his phone. Habi you are so clever that's why I love you, I still can't believe you did all that," Hafsa said with another round of laughter. Nabeela went with her mom to Hafsa's house. Her mom was downstairs chatting with Hafsa's mom. While Nabeela was in Hafsa's room waiting for Hafsa to finish talking to whoever she was talking to.
Hafsa finally ended the call and turned to hug Nabeela.

"Sorry, I kept you waiting, I was talking to that crazy girl, Habi ,"

Nabeela smiled and said, "Its okay,"

"So how have you been? I haven't seen you since Yaya's wedding,"

And that was how they chatted for the rest of the day. Even though Hafsa wasn't Nabeela's friend but Mamie's friend's daughter, Hafsa was the closest thing Nabeela had to a friend. As such, she was her confidant. Nabeela told Hafsa about her newest friend, Akilu, how they chatted almost everyday and how close they were getting to be.

Few minutes to Maghrib, they went  back home. She joined her brothers in the living room after she prayed. Together they watched Power Rangers. Before they knew it, it was already 9. After they all ate dinner, she tucked her brothers into their beds and went back to her room.

She took her phone to read wattpad and chatted for a while. She was about to sleep when she saw a message notification from Akilu. She was surprised when she saw it was a video. Wondering what was in the video she went back to her whatsapp and opened the video. It took hours before the video loaded and when it did Nabeela felt her stomach fluttering.

He really was so good. Like so so so so good. He could perfectly play the piano. And his voice. O God! The deep but lovely voice filled her eardrums. He was seated on a small stool next to a giant wooden piano. She could see his long fingers as they perfectly play the piano. She could see his curly hair as he shook his head while singing the song. The original song was playing soflty at the background while his amazing voice at a louder tone. She couldn't see his whole face but she imagined how he looked like. His pink lips would be in a deep frown, his honey brown eyes would be filled with tears, his nose straight and long and his beard and side burns curly. He would have looked so handsome.

Like We Used To

A Rocket to the Moon

I can feel her breath
As she's sleeping next to me
Sharing pillows and cold feet
She can feel my heart
Fell asleep to its beat
Under blankets and warm sheets
If only I could be in that bed again
If only it were me instead of him

Does he watch your favorite movies?
Does he hold you when you cry?
Does he let you tell him all your favorite parts
When you've seen it a million times?
Does he sing to all your music
While you dance to Purple Rain?
Does he do all these things
Like I used to?

Fourteen months and seven days ago
Oh, I know you know
How we felt about that night
Just your skin against the window
Oh we took it slow
And we both know
It should have been me inside that car
It should have been me instead of him in the dark