Chapter 11

Nabeela felt her heatbeat accelarating when her phone started ringing. With shaky fingers, she picked the phone call.

"Hello Nabeebee," he said. His voice was deep, breathy and husky.

"It's Nabeela,"she whispered.

"Okay Beela,"

"Nabeeelaaaa,"she whined.

"Okay Nabeela,"

She loved the way he pronounced her name.

"How are you Najib?" She asked.

"I am fine Hameeda," he said.

"We are back on the character name basis?" Nabeela asked with a laugh.

"You were the one that started. I thought we have passed that stage,"Akeel said.

"I thought so too,"

" We have passed the character name basis. We would start with Roohi and Habibi like Najib and Hameeda do, don't you think?" Akeel asked teasingly and Hameeda burst out laughing. She quickly controlled her laughter, afraid that Mamie may hear her.

"I thought you haven't finished reading the book?"

"I did the other day, I am waiting for the author to update the epilogue,"

"Ohh"

"So how far with the prank calls," Nabeela asked. Akeel told her about all those they pranked while Nabeela laughed wholeheartedly.

"I am really sleepy but I don't want to sleep."

"Why?"

"Its just two hours to fajr, so if I sleep now I can't wake up for fajr,"

"Ohh don't worry sleep, I will wake you up,"

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, I promise to wake you up, Go back to sleep"

"Alright thank you, goodnight,"

"Goodnight, sweet dreams,"

With a smile she put her phone on her bedside drawer and went back to sleep. And she had sweet dreams even though she couldn't remember what they were about. Exactly two hours later her phone started ringing. She disconnected the call and went back to sleep but it didn't take a minute for the caller to call again.

'Who the hell is this,' she thought when even after disconnecting the call for the fifth time the caller didn't stop calling. When she got tired she picked up the call. It was when she heard the husky voice that sounded deprived of sleep, she remembered.

"Good morning Nabeebee, "

"You remembered," she said sleepy.

"How could I forget, I made a promise and I don't break promises,"

"Thank you,"

"You are welcome, I have to go and pray, we will talk later." With that he disconnected the call.

And that was when the tradition began.

**

"You remembered," He heard her sleepy but sweet voice.

"How could I forget, I made a promise and I don't break promises," he said smiling.

"Thank you,"

"You are welcome, I have to go and pray, we will talk later." With that he disconnected the call and went to perform wudu. He prayed and immediately went back to sleep.