Chapter 9

It was nice seeing you today.~A

Just a single message that made her stomach flutter and made her lips break into a huge smile. She replied....

You too. I never expected seeing you in a wedding😂😂~N

She felt her phone vibrating, looking down she saw another message.

Neither did I. Are you related to the bride or groom?~A

The groom's mother is my mother's bestfriend. We are family friends. What about you?~N

The bride is my sister's friend.~A

Ohh~N

"Nabeela come lets take an after dinner selfie," They just came back from the dinner and were getting ready to sleep.

She looked up from her phone shocked that Hafsa's cousins were now talking to her. She had been staying with Hafsa and her cousins for about three days but all of them pretended she didn't exist. Hafsa was always busy running errands as she was the only sister of the groom, so she also rarely talked to her.

"Urhmm Sure," she answered unsurely.

"Nabeela did I tell you how beautiful you look?" another cousin asked. This time Nabeela started thinking about what they were up to.

"Thank you," she answered as she kept posing for pictures she didn't even want to take. After they finished taking the pictures, she changed into her nighties and got ready for bed. It was only when the girl she took pictures with asked her a question she understood why they had been nice to her.

"Nabeela I have been meaning to ask you, who was the guy you were talking to earlier,"

All of the girls in the room turned to look at Nabeela. Everyone stopped what their were doing. All eyes were on her.

"I already told you. Nabeela you don't have to answer them you know," Hafsa was the first one to talk.

"Urhmm just someone I met on social media,"

"Do you think you can hook us up?", they asked.

"I am not that close to him, we started talking recently."

Hafsa gave them the 'I told you so' look as the other girls kept talking about Akilu.

"Omg he is so hot,"

"Have you seen his smile?"

"I told you he looks familiar, it is Baffamaitaya, look", the girl that told her she looked nice passed her phone to the other girls.

"Omg, he is fine,"

"Isn't Aliku Baffamaitaya dating that Niimah girl? "

"I heard they broke up,"

Nabeela tuned them off as she got ready to sleep. But just before she slept, she heard the comment of one of the girls which formed a lump in her throat.

"But of all people, Nabeela? How could he be friends with her."

Tears rolled down the eyes of Nabeela but this time she decided nothing will stop her from being happy.

**

Do you mind me asking you a question?~ A.

After a few minutes when she didn't reply, Akilu guessed she was sleeping and also slept. The first message Akilu saw the next day when he took his phone was her reply.

Of course, go ahead~N

Why were you the only one not wearing the ashobi on the first day?~ A.