Chapter 7

'Please can we start over? I promise you won't regret it~A'

She saw his message but completely ignored him. How could he expect her to start over with him after being so rude. She can never be friends with someone as arrogant as he is. Or so she thought.

She sighed as she put her phone down and continued packing. Hafsa's brother's wedding was in two days and was going to take place in Abuja. Even though Nabeela didn't want to travel all the way to Abuja just to attend a wedding , she knew she had no choice, after all Hafsa's mother was Mamie's closest friend.

When Mamie gave her two cards this morning and asked her to start packing, Nabeela opened her mouth to ask whether she can skip the Dinner and Cultural day in Abuja and only go to the budan kai and Walima in Kano. However immediately she saw the expression on her mother's face, she changed her question to when are we going?. "First thing tomorrow morning," her mom had answered.

And that was how the next day she spent five hours sitting uncomfortably in the car just to attend the wedding of someone she didn't even know that well and someone she was pretty sure didn't even know her.

Together with Mamie, Hafsa, her mom and some of their mom's friends, they stayed in one of the houses provided by the bride's family. There was so much chaos the next day as it was the cultural day. At 2'oclock everyone except Nabeela was ready in their blue and yellow ashobi atampa. Nabeela was busy trying to wear her skirt. She felt like cursing the tailor, how could he sew this tight skirt for her. And how stupid was she not to try the clothes in Kano. She didn't think of trying the clothes in Kano as the tailor was her favorite and had been sewing her clothes for her for the past five years. How she wished she could sew, most tailors are turning out to be very disappointing.

"Nabeela are you still there?" She heard her mom yelling from downstairs at the same time she heard a screeching sound. She refused to look down afraid of what she would see. Just as she expected when she looked down, her skirt had torn into two.

"Nabeela we are leaving without you!"Mamie yelled again while Nabeela cried out, " My skirt is torn,".

She fell down on the floor thinking about what to do. She heard Mamie giving instructions to Hafsa and few minutes later Hafsa brought an orange dress to her.

"I think this would fit you," she said handing the dress to her. With tears in her eyes, she took the dress and went to the bathroom to change. Five minutes later they were all in a bus going to the venue, Nabeela felt so uncomfortable as she was the only one not wearing the ashobi and the only face devoid of makeup. All the girls' faces were filled with makeup while hers only consisted of powder, kohl and lip balm.

They reached the venue in about ten minutes. Even as they stepped out of the car, Nabeela was very angry at her tailor. As she was walking into the hall being the only one without the ashobi, she felt eyes behind her back. But each time she turned around, she didn't see anyone watching her.

Nabeela sat down together with Hafsa's classy friends. They kept chatting about different topics that Nabeela had no interest in. Nabeela just sat there feeling very uncomfortable and out of place. She just didn't fit in with them just like she didn't with almost everyone else.

While the other girls were busy taking pictures and chatting, Nabeela took out her broken phone too and opened the only app that could entertain her. She was very flabbergasted when she saw a notification from the message section.

'Are you the one in the orange dress?~A'

***

He was in a deep sleep when he heard his phone vibrating. Stretching his hand, he picked his phone from his bedside drawer. He picked the call without even opening his eyes to see the caller.