The one with the breakup

Start from the beginning

We pulled in to the apartment garage and with one glance at the door to the building, we both knew this wasn't going to go well.

"What do you want to do?" Kaitlyn asked, turning to me after turning off the car.

"It's fine, let's just go," I said, getting out of the car.

"Are you sure?" She asked.

"Yes," I snapped.

"Okay," she said, her eyes widening at my tone.

I put on my sunglasses and we pushed through the crowd of paps to the door. We hurried to the elevator and rode it up to our floor. We walked in silence to the apartment and Kaitlyn used her key to open it. She threw the keys in the dish and led me over to the couch.

"What's going on?" She asked.

I started to cry even more and she wrapped her arms around me and let me cry into her sweatshirt.

"Shh, hey it's okay, just tell me what's going on," she said, rubbing my back.

"So you know how when Harry and I were in London, I called you that one night and told you how he disappeared," I started. She nodded. "Well it's been eating me up inside so I asked him about it today and he completely denied it. So I told him that if he didn't answer the question that I was going to leave him. He didn't answer the question Kait. He let me leave," I cried.

"Hey, I always knew he was an ass. Ever since he was making out with that one girl. He doesn't deserve you," she said.

"What if this is it for us?" I said worriedly.

"Then good, Taylor, you're too good for him," she said.

"But I love him," I said hopelessly.

"I know Tay, but I think you need to let him go," she said sadly.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

-January 6, 2013-

I woke up to my alarm this morning and sat up in my bed. I rubbed my eyes before putting my glasses on and grabbing my phone off of my nightstand. There were at least ten messages from Harry about meeting up today. I was about to delete the message chain when I heard the door open downstairs. I got out of bed and walked downstairs.

"Kaitlyn? Who's at the..." I trailed off when I saw my boyfriend standing there smiling lightly.

"What are you doing here?" I asked plainly.

"We need to talk," he said.

"I told you, I'm done. There's nothing to talk about," I said.

"No. There is something to talk about. I'm sorry, you were right. That night in London when I was gone, I went out with some old friends from high school. We went to a bar and drank...a lot. Then we went to a club. I was drunk; I had no clue what I was doing. I picked up some girl's number and we went out after. She took me back to her place and things got heated but nothing happened. I stopped her and told her that I had a girlfriend. I went back to my friend's place after that because I was ashamed to go home to you in the condition I was in." He explained.

"You cheated on me!" I yelled at him.

"Nothing happened and I was drunk, I had no idea!" He argued.

"You still cheated on me!" I yelled again.

"We can get over this, I know we can please Taylor I love you," he said sweetly.

"No," I said, pulling away as he reached for my hands.

"Taylor," he begged.

"No Harry! I can't do this anymore. You can't just go out and decide that I don't matter anymore and find a new girl. I try so hard for you but I'm never enough! You're always checking out other girls and I'm sick of it!" I yelled at him.

"That's not true!" He pleaded.

"Yes it is! Don't even try to deny it!" I yelled.

"Well maybe if you would actually give a little more I wouldn't have to find someone else to satisfy my needs!" He yelled at me.

"Excuse me?" I said.

"I have needs Taylor, and you just don't satisfy them," he said again.

"Go to hell," I said.

"But then I'd just see you there again," he smirked.

"You're disgusting," I said. "You, Harry Styles, are a disgusting asshole!"

"Well, you, Taylor Swift, are a slut," he said.

"Get out! Get the hell out and never come back!" I yelled, pointing at the door.

"Fine," He said.

"Good," I seethed at him.

"Hey Harry!" Kaitlyn yelled from behind us.

"What!" He yelled, turning to be face to face with my sister.

She brought her arm up and slapped him hard, directly across the face.

"No one calls my sister a slut," she said.

He walked out the door and slammed it shut. I collapsed in sobs and Kaitlyn caught me in her arms and sat us down on the couch. I sobbed into her shoulder and she rubbed my back, whispering soothing things in my ear.

"It's gonna be okay, you've always been too good for him anyway," she said.

"He's gone, it's really over," I said sadly.

"Hey, everyone knows that single girls are where it's at," Kaitlyn smiled cheesily.

"What am I going to do Kait?" I asked.

"You are going to clean yourself up then we are going to the studio so you can write a diss track about him," she said.

"What?" I asked.

"Kidding, but we should do something," she said.

"Like what?" I asked, sniffling.

"Like, order a pizza and ice cream and watch movies," she suggested.

"Okay," I agreed.

"Great, go put on your pjs and get the cats. I'll order food and then we can surf Netflix for a good movie," she smiled.

I trudged up the stairs to my room and changed into sweats and a tank top with a big sweater over it. I found Meredith and Olivia and carried them downstairs despite their protests. I found Kaitlyn down there on the phone with Pizza Hut while also searching through the freezer for some ice cream. She pulled out two tubs of chocolate and rocky road victoriously, placing them on the counter.

"Can I get a large cheese pizza with cheese filled crust please," she said into the phone.

I wandered into the living room and started scrolling through Netflix. I found a few movies that I thought we could watch as Kaitlyn cuddled in for our movie night.

"Just remember, you're too good for him," she whispered to me.