16) The Dreaded Confession

Start from the beginning

“Oh, honey. I’m not working with Dave. He’s working with me. I had a proposition he just couldn’t refuse.” She smirks, raising a mischievous eyebrow.

The confused look on Carter’s face is priceless. I have a bit of trouble stifling back a laugh before it erupts from my mouth. Rebecca has a way of getting any and everything she wants whether she’s lying or telling the truth, and playing the field, no one can refuse her deals. She’s pretty savvy.

“Becky. Becky G. You’re Carter, so that over there must be Alex. You were right, Piper. They could be brothers.” Becky smiles, winking at me before going on. “You; Mute.” She says, pointing at Tyler.  “You must be Tyler. Senior swaggot over there must be Robert V, and 2 Chainz’s apprentice; You’re Zach, right?” She questions, smirking slightly to herself.

Everyone’s jaw drops a little, and they all just sit there gaping at her aside from Zach. Zach just glowers at her a little, jingling his chains. “2 Chainz’s apprentice, huh? Yeah, says the wanna be J-lo.” He smirks back at her.

“Touche.” She mumbles, narrowing her eyes, and pointing accusingly at him. He simply shrugs, and smirks a little to himself, turning his attention back to his chains.

Everyone chuckles a bit to themselves at Becky, and Zach’s little face off, but the volume quickly goes back to nonexistent as a comfortable silence fills the room. I just stand there silently, soaking up the peace of the scene as I lean over into Carter, his hand snaked around my back, his hand resting just above my hips.

I like this. This scene. I could definitely get used to this, but for now, someone’s gotta break the silence so we can figure out what we’re gonna do.

“Sooo…” I sigh, looking down at the ground, playing with my hair absentmindedly.

“Yeah…” Becky sighs back, looking around the room distractedly.

“So, what are we supposed to do now? Dave wants U.K. Queens off the map. And, I’m obviously not having that.” Carter asks, running his hand through his already dishevelled hair frustratedly.

I fought off a small smile as he said that. My heart swells a little as his words. "What can we do? All of us are under Dave." Alex asks, noticeably tightening his grip around Paige.

"I did promise to get you guys out of Dave's grip, right? Maybe I could start now." I suggest, looking up at Carter hopefully.

I know that Carter is gonna have an opinion on this, whether he agrees with it or not,  but no matter his opinion, I still need to do this, I just need to talk with him about it first.

"Piper." Carter sighs.

"What? Come on, you don't think I can do it, do you?"

"You know that's not true." He sigh, looking own at me with a straight face.