Welcome To The Family...Kinda

Emmett and I spent the night back at our waterfall getaway. We wanted to wait and tell the family, even though we knew they had to have known.

Alice.

The sun was just coming up into the sky when we jumped into the house, everyone but Bella and Edward watching us.

Everyone looked like they expected us to say something, they were waiting on us.

"Alice already told you guys, huh?" Alice's face breaks out into a smile and Emmett snickers behind me.

I take turns hugging each one of them, before picking up the baby, just as our new family member walks in.

"Welcome to the family." Esme tells her as she walks past them to me.

"You look amazing Bella." Alice putting some emphasis on the amazing.

"Someone's been waiting to meet you." Carlisle says and clears a path from her to me.

"Maverick." Edwards voice makes me turn towards them.

I look down at Renesmee and then her. Jacob stands beside me now, and Emmett with his hands on my hips.

"Say hi." Renesmee wiggles her hand and looks up at Bella, who leans down and takes her. Renesmee places one of her hands on Bella's cheek, showing off her gift.

"What was that?" Bella stands back, shocked and Edward grins.

"She showed you the first memory she has of you."

Bella stares down at Renesmee.

"Show me how..."

"How do I hear thoughts? How does Alice see the future? How does Maverick mimic? She's gifted..."

"I've only been out for two days." Bella says as she stares down at almost mature, baby Nessie.

"The growth rate is impressive-"

Carlisle's words are cut off by Jacob who moves towards Bella and the baby.

"Alright, that's enough experimenting for one day." Edward looks up to him as Jacob reaches for the baby, who Bella moves away.

"Jacob... she's doing great."

"Yeah. Let's not push it though."

"What's your problem?" I smirk and smack Jacob's back.

"Wolf's out of the bag now, Jacob."

"This should be good." I lean back into Emmett as Jacob stutters and Bella looks angrier.

"Hold on a second, Bella." Edward grabs the baby, which makes me snicker and we all back up a bit.

"Look... It's uh- it's a wolf thing." Jacob is barely able to speak and Bella advances.

"What's... a wolf thing?" 

"You know we have no control over it, and we can't choose who it happens with. It doesn't mean what you think Bella, I promise." Bella doesn't look at him and Esme grabs the baby, walking her away.

"Take Renesmee out of the room. Edward don't touch me right now, I don't want to hurt you."

"Oh..." She grabs Jacob by the nape of his neck, walking him outside like a dog, which on my part is kinda a low blow.

Jacob is sent flying across the yard while Bella stands on the porch, screaming at him.

"You imprinted on my daughter! She's a baby!"

"It wasn't my choice and-and it's not like that! Do you think Edward would let me live if it was?!" We all look to Edward who's smirking and looking down.