One - Better

His lips are already on hers.

He presses them hard, but gentle enough to not to hurt her. It's the type of kiss that just lets him breathe her in.

And oh god, it feels so good.

How he manages to control himself from letting the kiss go deeper is beyond him, considering how he's been longing for her for so long.

He missed her so much.

His hands move to her waist, keeping her close to him.

But he felt her hand over his to stop him and she pulls away.

'James. I can't.'

'Wha — why? Why?' He's confused. He really thought they've been doing good.

Without looking at him, she just shakes her head and starts walking away.

'Hey! Naddie! Wait!'

She turns, suddenly frustrated.

'Eto na naman tayo, James eh!' She tells him. 'We can't keep doing this! Ano? Sweet ka na na naman sakin?? Kase this is a 'nice place'?? But when we go home, may ibang babae naman makikita ko??'

'No, Nadine. I've changed! Thats not me anymore!' He tries to explain as he runs after her. 'Just give me this chance!'

She's not listening. She keeps her pace.

'Just believe me! Nadine! I know you feel this too!'

It makes her stop. He does too.

His last words were true. She feels different with him now. Her heart wants to just give in, but then again, her brain tells otherwise.

'When I went to your place thay day, I wasnt lying.' He takes a step closer.

'I love you. I really do.' He says ever so gently.

She can feel the word's sincerity. Somehow Nadine believes him. She believes him enough to make her turn to face him and their eyes meet.

If his words weren't enough, those eyes of his were speaking so loud.

They were enough to make her feel so weak.

'I love you.' He says it again.

The sincerity of it all was overwhelming. She feels like shes gonna burst. There was nothing she could do to stop it. She wants to say something but she couldn't.

All that came out was a quiet sob.

And James just went on to hug her. Hug her tight.

There they are, alone, just clinging on to each other as he whispers over and over again.

'I love you. I love you.'

It was late when they finished walking around the place - just feeling in the peace and serenity.

James just wanted to enjoy being with her. Just walking around, quietly as he holds her hand. Just like how they were as he knows it. It was like they were in one of their dates. And he was beyond happy that he could do this again. He even got to give her his jacket when she felt cold.

They were on their way back and they finally reached her room.

'Here we are.' Nadine states, as if just to say something.