One - Crazy

'Julia?'

He knows Julia, of course. They have lots of common friends, but, he never showed interest in her. They're not particularly close too. That's why it was a surprise to him why of all people, she'd be the reason for Nadine's discomfort.

'Yeah!' Bret laughs. 'That's a classic, man!'

'What?' James still doesn't get it.

'Oh my god. I can't believe you don't remember this. That was just maybe a few months ago! We should really get you checked out, man.'

'No, man, I don't. Can you please just explain to me why you're laughing.' He told Bret, not finding it amusing at all.

With a last look of disbelief, Bret stops his sniggering and began to tell him.

'Okay, you know how Julia kept on throwing herself at you even if you kept on rejecting her?'

James just innocently shakes his head.

'Well, she was. And then finally, you gave in. You took her here one time after a party.'

Bret tries to hide his laughs again as he recalls.

'That girl is crazy, dude. She didn't wanna leave! I thought she was going when I told her you already left for your out-of-town shoot. But no, when I came back, she's still here. I even had to make dinner for her! You owed me for that one, man!'

James just listens, he's not sure if he should be amused by the story.

'Okay. Then, what does it have to do with Naddie?'

'When you came back - after three days, man - she's still here! You came home with Nadz then- '

'Really??'

He interrupts Bret to his surprise that he came home with Nadine, not because of the craziness Julia brought - she didn't leave for three days.

'Yeah! All I knew was I heard her screaming 'THATS MY BOYFRIEND BITCH!' Then I saw you pulling her away from Nadz.' Bret continues animatedly with a high-pitched voice, mimicking the best impression he can of crazy Julia.

'She attacked Naddie?!'

'It was riot, man! Nadz just left. But it took a while before Julia calmed down. Really crazy, I tell ya. I dunno why she thought you were dating.'

'Oh my god. Oh my god.' James starts to mumble as he sits down to the nearest chair. He doesn't know what to feel, but it's hard for him to accept the fact that Nadine might have been hurt so bad - physically and emotionally - and he didn't do anything.

Or did he?

'What happened next? How was Naddie?'

'I dunno, she was okay, I guess. Thank god it was just Nadz. She's always been cool. Julia's the crazy one, she still didn't wanna leave that night. We had to call her family.'

Bret proceeds to tell the story, but James just isn't interested how they got rid of Julia. He's still concerned about Nadine.

'Did I at least apologize to Naddie?'

'Uhm...I dunno. But you two still seemed okay after that. She's really cool.' Bret says as he realizes something. 'Now I understand why you might really love her. She's really unlike any other girls you dated.'