One - Okay

Lifeless.

The only word that could describe James at this time.

He doesn't do anything.

Eat? No, he's not hungry.

Sleep? He couldn't.

Move? Not even at all.

He just lays on his bed, hair unkept, arms wrapped around his pillow, his eyes dead on his wall.

After Bret forcefully brought him home from the commotion in Nadine and Yassi's condo, he's been in his lifeless state.

He feels like his brain stopped working, like he knows nothing and he can't do anything.

Ever since he woke up to this, without Nadine beside him, his mind has been in such mess.

He doesn't want this.

He doesn't want to live this.

He still doesn't know how it happened. As much as he wants to figure this out, he couldn't. Until he gave up thinking altogether.

All he knows is that he is without Nadine.

Just like that, she's taken away from him.

He loves her. He thinks he has taken good care of her.

Why would this happen?

No warnings. No clues.

They were so happy. He was so happy. With her.

Never did he imagine that he'd be existing in this world without Nadine.

He never planned to.

His life with her is the life he'd want to live for the rest of his days.

All the good things, even the bullshit, just as long as he's with her, it's fine. He's okay. Cuz he's with her.

But now, she doesn't even know they were together.

She didn't even say she loves him too.

And that sucks.

Bret peeks in his room carefully. He has his back on the door. He doesn't move to acknowledge him, just like the past few days.

He knows Bret is worried about him. He makes sure that he is still alive, so he checks up on him everyday. He doesn't say much when he does, he just tries to get him to eat or move or anything, but eventually, he gives up, because James really doesn't want to.

But today, Bret walks in to stand in front of him. He stands firm, he has had enough.

'Dude, get up.' He says, but it's as if James heard nothing.

'Get up.' He repeats. James only closes his eyes.

'I told you get up!' He shouts at James as he abruptly grabs him by the collar of his shirt, making James instinctively defend himself, violently trying to grasp away from his friend's grip.