Other One - Him

He saw him.

In his condo.

In his room.

On his bed.

What's happening...?

It's the 'other James'. He realized.

He looks tired...maybe even a little sick. James couldn't seem to stop looking at his eyes. They're almost lifeless. Just blank and staring into nothing.

He doesn't know what it is but there's this guilt forming right in the middle of his chest. He wasn't sure about it, until he hears him whisper so softly.

Naddie...

He's calling her.

And he knows why he looks so miserable...

He has his life. And he has his.

He then sees his old life. The music. The lights. The alcohol. The clubs. The partying. The girls.

Is he back?

He looks around and he's wound up between two clearly drunk chicks as he's handed a shot by one of his friends, not really sure if he should take it.

But still, he does.

And then he sees Nadine among the crowd. His heart beats fast.

Oh, no, no.

He panics. He shouldn't be here.

He unwounds himself impatiently from the two girls. He should have just left immediately.

He needs to go to her. He runs.

Naddie.

He stops when he sees himself wrapping an arm around her and he sees her smile to what he whispered to her before he grabs her hand to turn away.

No! Please! Naddie! He calls her, loud, but she doesn't face him at all. Instead, he looks at him.

He's taking her. He thought.

'Nadine!'

He wakes up, panting. Sweat covered his face.

It's just a dream.

He's still unable to relax even when he sees her peacefully sleeping beside him. He couldn't get his mind off how he, the other James, her James, looked at him.

It's like a mixture of anger and...arrogance. Some part of his brain figured it's as if he is trying to tell him he's better than him.

It's that moment in his dream that he realized that he can take her. Easily. Of course, he is the one who she really loves.

He is the better one.

And him? He's just a fuccboi. He's just careless. He just happens to be here.

And he doesn't know how, but he may comeback to his old life. His real life.

And all this? Will all just be gone?