Other One - Start

James pushes her towards their bedroom.

Dinner be damned.

They both fall on the bed, still clinging onto each other.

She is all what matters right now. Just her and him, sharing this kiss, their bodies not an inch apart.

He pulls away for a second just to look at her, to really look at her.

Her eyes are glistening as she looks at him too.

She is just so beautiful.

'I love you.' He says.

'I love you too.' She says as she touches his face.

She wants to enjoy this. She wants to feel him. She wants to know that everything will be okay - that they will be okay.

For now, all she can do is hope as she continues to kiss him again.

Clothes are shed, little by little. Sheets are ruffled to the shape of their bodies. Sweat felt as her hands run through his bare shoulders. Moans are replaced by louder ones. Her name was called again and again to match his every thrust. Harder and harder, they come together.

As she lays her head on his shoulder, she hears him sigh in contentment.

'Thank you.' He whispers.

'For what?' She asks.

'For making me happy.'

She smiles.

'I'm happy too.'

She hopes it's the truth.

Days went on after he asked Nadine if they could 'start over'.

Ever since then, he's been trying to be more attentive to her. Just trying to show her how he'd take care of her. But it still doesn't seem enough, especially when he gets this 'look' from her. Like, she's wondering, searching him, with a mix of confusion. He doesn't like that.

But he doesn't know how he wants to 'start over' as he says.

How will they?

Seriously?

He's been with her for just a few weeks, while she...she's with him for years. There are a lot of things he missed already. There are lots of things he still needs to learn...about relationships, about them, about her.

Can he even be a good boyfriend?

Somehow the thought makes him laugh.

He doesn't even know if he can be a boyfriend, let alone be a good one.

He knows how to date girls. He's done loads of that. No problem with that. But how about keeping a girlfriend?

He doubts he's doing a good job for the past few weeks with her.

All along he's been pretending to be the other James, but how about as himself?