Chapter Four

Marissa's P.O.V

I look down at my fingers and play with my rings. Twisting it. I have a gold ring that Victoria gave me in my 12th birthday. Martha and her surprised me by mushing an icing all around my face when I was sleeping. It was the best birthday I have.

"Marissa, enjoy!" Mr. James exclaimed smiling at me. I nod my head and smile back at him. Harry pick up my suitcases and Lizbeth grab my arms and link it with hers. I shyly smiled as we got out of Mr. James office.

"Rissy!" I heard Martha's lovely voice called along the hallway as our heads snap at her. I grin as I detached my arms with Lizbeth and run over Martha attacking her in a hug. "I will miss you, m-mum" I murmured. This is the first time I called her 'mum' and it was a great feeling.

I can feel her smile in my shoulders as she sobbed, with mixed emotions. Shock, happy and sad. Sad that I'm leaving.

"I will miss you too sweetheart" she said back, rubbing my back. As soon as I know, tears fall from my eye as we pulled back. She takes my face in her soft hands as she wipe my tears using her thumb. "You're going to be ok. Right? Just, don't forget to visit me. I love you. Go, your 'parents' are waiting for you" she smiled weakly wiping her tears away. She kisses my forehead as I nod.

I remember when I was a toddler, daddy used to kiss my forehead before sleeping. And that's the gesture I'm very fond of.

"Goodbye Martha, I love you" I said, turning around. I walk towards my also called parents now. As Lizbeth wrap an arm around my shoulders. Her eyes we're watery because of me and Martha's goodbye's. I look back at Martha and she had her hands intertwined with each other. I waved at her and she waved back.

"Don't worry Martha, I will let Marissa visit you every weekends" His husky voice spoke sending shivers on my spine. Ok, this is getting out of hand. I hate it.

"Lets go"

***

"So Marissa, tell me about you're life." Harry said, looking at me through the rear view mirror. His eyes met mine and I quickly look away. I hate telling someone about me. About what happened. Its just, my past is my worst nightmare in my entire life. I remember when my aunt take me to her home I couldn't stop crying. I was looking for my dad. and when I was eight. I fall into depression. Dad is just my hero and my angel.

"Uhmm.. My dad died when I was four. My mom is with other guy. And I live with my aunt for about a week. But she's not that rich. And she can't give what I need. But, I don't ask for anything. And she sends me into the orphanage" I explained, going back to the past make's me wanna cry.

"I'm sorry Hun" Lizbeth said, I look at her eyes and it was full of pity.

"Its ok, I don't want anyone pitying me" I snap. Looking outside the window as I lean my forehead through the glass. I watched as cars passed by. Then a question popped in my head?

"Why do you adopt me? I mean, I'm like seventeen years old. And you guys are young. Isn't it weird? You can just adopt a one, two, three year old's. Then, why me?"

Harry chuckled at my sudden outburst. As I rolled my eyes.

"We may look like young, but I'm twenty-five and I'm turning twenty-six next month. And Harry made that choice."

My eyes widened as I cough. Harry? Harry choose me? Why? Why me?

"You know, you're a lovely girl by the looks of things and you're beautiful" Harry spit out, my heart flutter as my eyes lock again with his. It meant something. Something that I can't figure out. I shrugged it of and mumble a 'thank you' as my cheeks blushed with his compliment.