My very first message on Wattpad

I feel like I should be deeply ashamed, for some reason.

I mean, can you believe that at some point I actually used Wattpad to WRITE?! Perish the thought!

And it's even more depressing because I STILL haven't gotten better at making book covers.

Also, I'm thinking about establishing a certain format for each chapter I write. I shall continue posting random things like I've been doing already, but underneath my main topic I shall have three different modes of media I will recommend for you to check out; book, TV show/cartoon, and music.

If you think I should go through with this, or think I shouldn't, please tell me in the comments below :)

Recommendations:

1. Antigone by Sophocles

This play is set in ancient Greek, which should be fairly obvious since the writer was living at that period as well

This play is set in ancient Greek, which should be fairly obvious since the writer was living at that period as well. The main plot revolves around a girl named Antigone, who lives in a palace with an uncle who is only looking after her and her sister for pity, and is strictly a man of law. He issues an edict that no one is allowed to commit the rites of mourning over her dead brother, who got killed by her other brother for attempting to sack the city. She breaks the rules and forms the rites of passing, allowing her brother's soul to pass into the afterlife and earning the wrath of her uncle. It's just a great story about conflict of interests and the clash between those with deeply held religious beliefs, and those who cling to political ideals.

2. Made in Abyss

This is a heartwarming anime which features several children doing dangerous and life-threatening activities which most adults would tremble at, with mostly varied results. This may sound like a generic sort of plot for one who is used to shonen, but it is far from ordinary. The character development and world design are wonderfully crafted, the animation is beautiful, and the different dangers and troubles they face are all believable, and don't seem to be randomly contrived for conflict. In fact, this entire anime in general has a highly planned out background and basis, from the desks that are firmly attached to the walls to the levels of sickness one gets from traveling deeper into the Abyss. And the music perfectly matches each mood, with a Ghibli-esque quality to it. I just highly recommend all of you to give it a try, and if you do, I promise you won't be disappointed.

3. Marina and the Diamonds

This band is just...everything I love in a music group. They're unique, stylish, and their music has an original blend to it which makes them irresistible for me. And it doesn't hurt that the main singer has a very charismatic personality and a clear voice which sounds like cool ice when compared with singers like Rihanna and Nicki Menaj.

So yeah, you should check those three things out.