Chapter 42

Liam 

I'm staring at myself in the mirror, I did my best to look presentable. My hair is slicked back and I'm wearing a black tuxedo.

A fucking tuxedo. 

But I know Blake was eager to go to prom, I could see the excitation in her eyes each time she talked about it so, I thought I could make an effort for once. 

For her. 

I never liked this kind of events, I never cared about that but if it can make her happy then I'll go, as I promised. 

"Oh my God Liam you look handsome." My mother exclaimed when she saw me leave my room, her hands reaching her mouth. 

"Mom please." I rolled my eyes in embarrassment. I don't want my mother to find me 'handsome'. 

"Where's Blake? I want to take a picture!" 

"She's not here. She insisted to get ready at her house."

"Oh no that's too bad." I could see the disappointment in her eyes. "I'm sure she will look adorable in her dress. I wish I could take a picture of the two of you."

"Well you can't."

She sighed and I rolled my eyes. 

"Come on, I'm sure there will be plenty of other occasions."

"Yeah." She sighed again before looking up at me. "You're a lucky guy, I hope you know that." I raised an eyebrow, waiting for her to go on. "Blake is an amazing girl and I hope you will not break her heart. Don't do anything stupid." 

"Glad to know you trust me." I shook my head. "I have to go now." I made my way to the front door. 

"Have fun tonight, oh I wish I was 18 again..." She smiled like she was remembering something. "Anyway, I probably won't be here when you get home, I'm on night shift." 

"Okay. See you tomorrow."

"See you tomorrow."

I closed the door and headed to my car, ready to pick Blake up. 

It was 7 when I parked my car in front of the main gate. I got out of the car and entered the code. 

I slowly drove to the mansion, adrenaline cursing through my veins. I was eager to see her, to find out what dress she had chosen. 

I parked the car in front of the main door and I grabbed my phone and sent her a text, telling her that I was here. 

I waited. 

5 minutes. 

No answer. 

10 minutes

 No answer

I frowned and got out of the car, holding my phone to my ear, trying to call her one more time. 

But she didn't answer. 

Something is weird. I thought. 

I knocked on the door. 

Again and again. 

"Blake it's me, is everything okay? Open the door please."

But still got no answer. 

I walked around the house, then tried to see through one of the windows. 

The lights were on.