Chapter 89

Joane

I'm not gonna lie, the last couple of days have been horrible. 
Thanks to Liam, Aldo is breathing down my neck and it just makes me feel like some innocent ten years old girl. Every single day, he comes to my trailer to make sure I haven't relapsed. 
Without any of my friends, I feel so alone here. 
Yeah, within these walls, it's just me and that fucking voice in my head that keeps telling me that none of them matter, that it'd be so much easier to just take those magic pills and forget about everything. 
Fuck them all. The little voice keeps singing in my head but I don't want to listen. 
Even when my hands are trembling, even when my body is shaking, even when I'm losing my shit. No, I won't listen to it. 
I'm stronger than that... I try to convince myself. I already did it once, I can do it again. 

But some days are harder than the really hard days and on those occasions, I find myself pouring drink after drink after drink... But at least, it's not drugs, I try to reassure myself. At least, I haven't relapsed. Yet. 
Everyday is a war that I can never escape, a war that I have to fight against my own self. 
Staring at myself in the mirror, I can tell that I'm not the person I used to be... 
Gone is the girl whose self-confidence would bring anyone to their knees. Dark circles have formed under my eyes and my curves are long gone. I've lost weight and my skin is pale. 
I'm the shadow of the girl I used to be. 
But I am damn well gonna fight. I'm gonna bring myself back and, hopefully, win my friends back. 

Sitting on the couch, I watch as someone lowers the handle and I already know who it is. 
Who else could it be? 
I watch as Aldo steps in before closing the door behind him. 

"Wow, to what do I owe the pleasure?" I tease him as he walks towards me. "Three days without paying me a visit, I thought you were finally done with the babysitting." I raise my glass and our eyes meet. "Wanna have a drink with me?" But something is off, I can feel it as I stare into his dark eyes. My brows bump together in a scowl and I put my glass on the table. 

"What's going on?" He stays silent for a moment and I stand up. "Aldo?" 

"It's Pablo. He's gone again." He sits down and pours my drink down his throat before knocking the glass down on the table. 

"What do you mean gone again? What happened?" 

"Three days ago he managed to get to Blake." My eyes go wide and my heart beats fast in my chest. 

"What happened? Is she okay?" Oh gosh I've been such a bitch, I would never forgive myself if something happened to her before I get to tell her how sorry I am.

"She's okay." Aldo interrupts my train of thoughts and I sight with relief. 

"I don't understand? How is it even possible? I thought her house was guarded, I thought Liam was watching over her?" Aldo has been telling me everything that's going on ever since I had a fight with Liam. I was not in my right mind when I kissed him that night... I was so needy and desperate. I thought that Blake was the problem and that Liam was my cure but I was just completely confused. I guess it took me too long to realize it. 

"Pablo kidnapped her friend and threatened Blake to kill her if she didn't let his men bring her to him." 

"Her friend? Do you mean Jen?"

"Yeah, I think that's her name." 

"Oh my God, is she okay? Did he hurt her?!" 

"She is... Alive. Though we believe she was raped." My eyes go wide and my jaw clench with anger. I can literally feel my blood boil inside of me and worry washes over me. I rush to my room to grab my purse and head back in the living room.