Chapter 11

Liam

I woke up the next morning, Blake cuddling up to me, still wearing her beautiful pink dress. I looked down and I gazed at her beautiful face. She's so cute when she's sleeping. She fell asleep last night, while watching that dumb show, I didn't have the heart to wake her up.

I have no idea why though. There's something about her, something different.

And I can't figure out what it is.

I was dealing when I saw her last night, walking alone in the streets. I immediately had this feeling inside of me, I couldn't just ignore her and leave her alone there. I had to make sure she reached home safe and sound.

That was my original plan.

I don't know why I asked her to come to my house, I just... I just wanted to spend some time with her, I guess.

I really meant it when I said I liked her. She's a nice girl, she's smart and funny. When I'm with her, I feel like a normal guy, not like a gang member, not like a drug dealer...

Not like a murderer.

She makes me feel normal, and against all odds, I like it.

I stared at her, watching her sleeping form, my arms around her waist and her head resting on my chest. She seems so fragile, so innocent.

I gazed at her until she opened her eyes. Her cheeks turning red immediately.

"I'm sorry." She said, almost whispering, "I didn't mean to sleep here."

"It's ok." I replied without showing any emotion.

"No, I'm truly sorry I-"

"Blake, it's okay." I said this time in a friendly voice. "But don't ever make me watch that dumb show again." I frowned and she laughed shyly.

"Ok." She got up and looked at me. "Do you mind driving me home?"

"Of course not. But don't you want to have breakfast first?"

"No, thanks, I need to go home, my parents must be worried about me."

"Ok." I nodded.

*****

Blake

"I'm dating Tom!" Jen exclaimed. "He asked me to be his girlfriend!"

"I'm happy for you." I smiled to her. I mean it, I'm very happy for her but after what happened this weekend, I can't get Liam out of my head. I feel so good when I'm with him, I feel... Safe.

In his arms, I know nothing can happen to me.

"But where did you go? I tried to call you but you didn't answer." Jen asked, frustrated.

"I was at Liam's place."

"What the hell?! How? Why?! I thought you didn't want to talk to him anymore?!"

"I know..." I said quietly. "But we talked and we're friends now. Everything is fine."

"Everything is fine?! Are you fucking stupid Blake?! How could you forgive him after what he did to you?!"

"He made a mistake, that's all. And he apologized."

"Oh, if he apologized, then..." She said sarcastically.

"Please Jen... You don't know him, he's not as bad as you think. He's nice to me and I like him."

"Yeah, it doesn't take a genius to see that you're head over heels for him." She crossed her arms angrily.