tbs au || texas ranger ii

Just saw TBS on Godless today—can't say I'm happy that he has a love interest but I'm inspired! All episodes are available on Netflix worldwide.

"The beach?" you can't help the grin that spread on your face. You've never been out of town. your father being an overprotective yet distant businessman, aware of the dangers that lie outside of the safety of the borders. "But fa-"

"I've asked your father," his hand combed through your hair. "as long as we don't stay on the road long and I'm always with you, he is fine with it."

You wrapped your arms around his neck, your soft body filling in his hard one. "That's so wonderful, Thomas, I can't wait!"

You felt his heart beat against your skin. "Anything for you, darling." He reluctantly pulled away from you when the band put the song to an end, only then were you reminded of the people around you.

He led you to the bar so he can grab a drink, and as he drank you saw a pair of eyes glaring at you.

"YN?" Thomas.

"Yes?"

"I asked if you were alright." before you could respond, he followed the direction of your stare and sighed.

"Pay her no mind, dear." the woman's glare hardened when Thomas looked at her.

"She seems like she knows you."

"She does, and I her."

"She looks like she hates you."

When he didn't respond, you stood up. "I think we should retire early for tomorrow."

"You're right, my love, forgive me for being so mindless." He fixed your scarf around your neck and let his thumbs stroke your jaw for a moment before leading you out, where his horse, Newton, was waiting.

You looked at him in confusion.

"I let the boys borrow him for the day and told them to drop him off here," he explained, helping you up.

"I don't know how to ride a horse," you admitted. "Father never let me try."

"That's alright, sweeting," he said, mounting the horse and reaching his arm to you when Newton started to fuss. "Whoa, boy, behave tonight, will you? Let's give my lady a pleasant first ride," he looked at you over his shoulder and gave you a smile. "Hold me tight, and tell me if your legs get tired."

"Will do, cowboy," you acknowledged teasingly.

Once the shock wore down, it was a pleasant ride. Thomas went at a reasonable pace and was very considerate. Not to mention it was an excuse to be close to him without being too indecent. With every bump, you felt his muscles tense then loosen. When he hummed a lullaby to you when it got quiet, you could feel the vibrations of his voice and it took all the willpower you had to stay awake.

 You prepared to dismount from the horse when your home was in sight, but Thomas rode right past it. You squeezed his arm in question. It was late, so no one was around and it was quiet enough that you could hear Thomas if he spoke.

"Your father insisted you sleep in my parents' place. I've put our things there and you will sleep next to my sister if that is all right. You do sleep in a boarding house, after all."

"It's fine," you answered. "Where will you stay?"

You heard the smile in his voice. "A thick blanket and a fire are all I need, my love, the living area will suffice."

When you reached Tasha's home, you were immediately pulled under Ava's wing. "We'll have a grand time tonight!" she said before kissing her brother's cheek.