newt || only you

Here's one of my favorites! :) Hope you guys enjoy.

You found newly formed friendships in the Right Arm. Being a Med-Jack, you immediately bonded with one of their doctors, Link. You'd spend many days in the tent where they keep their medicine, learning how he uses them and what they're made of.

People were taken by Minho, capturing everyone's eye with his speed and agility. Thomas was in the limelight, though, being labeled your ring leader.

Your boyfriend, Newt, has been gossiped as the intimidating yet handsome lad no girl dared approach. He kept out of sight most of the time which bothered you at first, but Minho simply convinced you that he just wanted time to reflect on everything. Newt was the type of person to do so – him always looking for the rational way of doing things.

You shrugged it off, then, but when you went to bed in your shared tent, he didn't wrap his arms around you like he always had. He slept with his back to you, always. This went on for several days so you decided to tell Minho about it.

"I don't know, Y/N, when was the last time you talked to him?" Minho poured you a cup of water.

"Thanks," you muttered, and he nodded. "we always talk, Min, but since we got here, he's been awfully distant. Especially the morning after we arrived."

Minho stared at the ground, recalling what you all did the time you got here. "You were hanging out with their med-guy, weren't you?"

"Yeah." At Minho's pointed look, you scoffed. "He can't be jealous, Min. He was never jealous when I hung out with you guys."

"Because we're his friends, Y/N." Minho sighed, wrapping an arm around your shoulder. "I'm only saying this because I care about you, okay? That guy – Link ­– he's head over heels for you. Any guy would see that. And let me tell ya, he looks like bad news to me."

"So what do you suggest?" you exhaled loudly. "You want me to ignore him for good? Just because my boyfriend doesn't want him around?"

Minho smiled. "You're not even my girl, Y/N, and I don't want you around him. He, Fry and I were hanging out late last night, and the way he talks about girls... I don't like it. He's not a bad-looking kid – well, bad compared to this work of art," he gestured to his face, "but still... plus, Newt is your boyfriend, you should be there to support him, especially now. He probably just misses you..." he trailed off, then stood up suddenly. "You shouldn't be asking me about this, Y/N, I don't even know if I ever had a girlfriend,"

You giggled. "Thanks, Min. You're the best." You stood up and squeezed him in your arms briefly before stomping off to find Newt.

"He's up on those rocks," Minho called out. (this is the place the guys sat on before Thomas went looking for Teresa in the movie)

"Thanks!" you waved, not looking his way.

And he was there, looking at the distance with his brows furrowed, figure unmoving. You climbed up, and he looked surprised when your face popped up at his feet. You got caught off guard, your foot slipping off the rocks. Newt took action immediately, pulling you up and you stumbled into his arms.

You smiled to yourself when he caught you, and you decided to stay in the position for a while. You pressed your cheek to his chest. You could feel his confusion.

"Hi." You greeted in a small voice, not looking at him.

He hesitantly wrapped his arm around your waist, his hand cupping the back of your neck. "Hello."

He sat down on the rock he was sitting on before you came, pulling you to his lap.

"I missed you." You gave him a shy smile, kissing the corner of his eye.

"Mhmm." He acknowledged, not looking at you. His grip on you loosened.

"I really did," you pushed. "I'm sorry I haven't been here."

"Lost track of time, have you?" he asked bitterly, glancing at you once before his jaw clenched as he looked away.

"Newt..." you sighed, burying your face the crook of his neck. You felt him sigh, too, and sniff from the cold. You pulled away to look at him. He avoided your gaze overall, so you had to pull his chin up so he would be forced to meet your eyes. "I love you."

He furrowed his eyebrows and frowned slightly. You kissed him everywhere – his cheeks, his nose, the bridge of his nose, his chin, his forehead, his eyelids, his jaw... his lips.

He hummed when your lips met, obviously missing the sensation as much as you did. But you had to talk, too. You frowned into his lips. He pulled away and looked at you curiously.

"I'm sorry I've been leaving you for Link." You pursed your lips.

He breathed out loudly through his nose, his gaze drifting from your eyes to your lips, your faces centimeters away.

"I was bloody convinced you came up here to break up with me," you were glad he finally spoke to you.

"I'd be stupid to do that." You laughed through your nostrils. "You're it for me, no turning back."

Newt nodded slowly, his hand running down your side.

"What's up with you? Minho hasn't talked to you since we got here. Nor has anyone else." you asked, trying to slide off of his lap, but he pulled you tighter to him.

"I'm tired of not being sure what will happen," he confessed. "it's quite tempting to keep you in our buggin' tent, safe, until all of this bloody nonsense goes away."

"Hey..." you tilted your head sideways so he can look at you. "I'm not going anywhere."

"That's what Alby told me, too..." you heard him mutter. Then he spoke in a normal volume. "It's not my fault you attract trouble as you walk, love." he smiled for the first time since you escaped WICKED.

You smiled back. "That's why you're here," you joked.