tbs || unexpected (one)

Recently, you landed a job as a part-time nurse on The Scorch Trials. Since the film involved a lot of running on dangerous places, Wes wanted you in the set in case of any unwanted minor injuries.

And there were a few of them.

The first one was Thomas Brodie-Sangster, who sprained his ankle in his attempt to climb up sand. You sat him down on the makeshift bench and began looking for a damp cloth to clean off the dirt on his foot.

"I'm sorry, I haven't gotten your name," Thomas interrupted your search.

"Oh," you weren't expecting any of the actors to talk to you – maybe the outgoing Dylan O'Brien, but not the more reserved Thomas Brodie-Sangster. "I'm Y/N." You offered your hand and he shook it politely.

"Is this what you do, Y/N?" he gestured to the tools in your pouch.

You shook your head. "No, I'm actually still in college." You laughed nervously.

He nodded in acknowledgement.

"Well, your sprain isn't as bad as it looks," you observed, cleaning his foot with soft strokes of the towel.

"Probably a good thing," he looked down at you. "My character has a limp, you know."

"Really?" you smiled up at him briefly. After bandaging his ankle gently, you patted his knee out of habit – you did that to all your patients, but your face turned bright red at the realization that this was no ordinary patient.

Thomas chucked. "Thank you, Y/N." he patted your shoulder before actually limping away, towards the set where Wes welcomed him again.

And that was the highlight of your long day.

-

The next day, you walked in the set to Ki Hong and Kaya joking around. You began assembling your tools as the actors filed in one by one until everyone was there except Thomas.

"Thomas is late again." Ki Hong laughed, looking into his camera – seemingly recording something for Snapchat.

As soon as Thomas' bike showed up, the crew began preparing for the first scene for the day.

Instead of running to his friends, he paused at your station. He handed you a coffee and winked before walking to the set.

-

The day went by uneventfully. Ki Hong got to know you better when he scraped his knee. He was a pleasant man who evidently loved his wife, as he began texting her as soon as he had the chance. He even gushed to you about her.

"Sorry," he said. "I just really miss her."

"S'alright," you smiled.

"Do you have a special someone?" he smiled mischievously.

You shook your head, smiling.

"Oh, well. By the time you graduate guys will start lining up for you, trust me." He stood up once you were done and gave you a friendly side-hug before leaving.

-

Cold. Wet.

That was all the remainder of your day was. There were no cabs to take you home and the set was almost empty. You were about to consider walking when Thomas stopped in front of you, on his bike.

"Need a ride, Y/N?"

Intimidated, you refused, but he handed you a helmet and gestured to the back.

"Hold on," he said. You hesitated, then you put your hands on his shoulders. You never rode on a motorbike before – it was frightening. "Where do you live, Y/N?"

You relayed your address to him. He was a fast rider, and out of terror you clung to him a little tighter than you liked, but you had no choice. You swore you could feel him smiling.

He stopped in front of your apartment building, and to your surprise, he got off the bike as well.

You were about to enter your building when he stood there, looking at you.

"Would... you like to come in?"

"If that's alright." He smiled.

"It's not much," you said when you entered your living room. "I live alone and everything."

He nodded.

"You want a drink? Water? Tea?"

"Tea would be nice." He smiled.

"Make yourself at home." You began fussing about in your pantry. The Thomas Brodie-Sangster is in your apartment.

He began scanning your bookshelves, and he stopped at your photo with your brother, Matt. "Is your... boyfriend okay with me being here?"

"I don't have one," you smiled. "That's my older brother, Matt. He moved to Italy when he got married."

He nodded. You handed him his tea, but he kept scanning your décor. Paintings, photos and such. He paused at a sketch of your parents' wedding photo.

"That's lovely," he commented, sipping his tea.

"I wanna be like them someday," you nodded, fiddling your thumbs nervously. You were basically a few inches away from his chest, and you were sure that you were going to wet yourself when you caught him staring down at you.

You've seen enough romantic comedies to know that he was about to kiss you. He bent down – being the tall man he was – he smelt of rain, tea and the sun.

Then it hit you.

Your first kiss is going to be Thomas Brodie-Sangster.

His lips were softer than you'd expected, and it felt like home. Like you belonged someplace secure.

He pulled out slowly, even relished in the feeling of your skin against his for a long while.

He looked at your eyes, then your lips - and his gaze drifted from those two sides of your face. Then he whispered, "I'm going to make this work," he said. "I didn't kiss you to walk away like it didn't happen."

You nodded. Is this what you wanted?

He kissed you again.

Definitely what you wanted.