tbs || the way you look tonight

"Y/N, love, let's go to bed." Thomas tried pulling you out of your seat in your small dining table. It's already 2AM. The soft buzzing of the vehicles running past outside was the only sound that occupied your dim apartment. Thomas was already stripped down to his sweatpants, ready for bed.

"Just one more thesis, Tommy, please." you groaned. He rubbed your arms soothingly from behind.

"Come on, darling. I can't let you go to school tomorrow looking like that," he whispered.

You turned to glare at him. "What do I look like, Thomas?" you inquired challengingly.

"Lovely as ever," he smirked, pressing his lips to your cheek. You rolled your eyes, containing your smile. He continued, "but really, Y/N. Let's go to bed, then I'll help you with that in the car when I drive you to school."

You pouted.

He pouted back. "Pleaaaaase?" he dug down to your neck, devouring it.

He smelled so good.

"You smell nice."

You felt his bare chest rumble as he chuckled.

"There's more of that on your pillow," he noted.

"Mmm. Is that so?" you kissed behind his earlobe.

"Mhmm."

"How lucky must one be, to share a bed with you," you teased, but mid-sentence you just started whispering because Thomas began to bite gently at your neck.

You could feel the vibrations of his chuckle on your neck. "If you say so," he sighed. "But unfortunately, it seems like she doesn't want to go to bed with me."

"What an idiot."

He hummed his agreement.

"All she has to do is let me carry her to my bed..." he pulled away slowly to attack you with his pleading eyes.

Freaking charm.

You gave in. You let him turn your laptop off and fix all your papers.

"Let's go to bed," he was about to pick you up bridal style when you stopped him.

"My head hurts," you whined.

Thomas looked down contemplatively. Then his eyes brightened. "I know just the thing," he smiled mischievously.

He turned to his phone. You stared at him patiently. He smiled up at you when the music began to blast from his speakers, holding his hand up for you. You took it.

"What is this?" you followed his lead as he pulled you to his chest.

"We're going to dance, lovely, what else?" he replied huskily.

"No, Thomas, definitely not. You know I don't dance."

"Me neither," he admitted. "but we're doing it anyway."

He lifted you up so your feet landed above his - you were technically on his feet. His large hands snaked around your waist as you clung to his torso, your ear against his calming heartbeat.

Only your lampshade lit the room and you could feel your heart beating rapidly. You despised dancing, but add Thomas to anything you hated and it becomes heaven.

He began moving his feet, carrying your weight along with it. If you listened close enough, you could hear him hum along with the song.

You're lovely, with your smile so warm
And your cheeks so soft,
There is nothing for me but to love you,
Just the way you look tonight.

Slowly, you could feel your eyelids drooping. Your grip on Thomas loosened gradually, and he took notice. He hoisted you up, prompting your legs to wrap around his waist. His hand supported your bottom and his other arm held you. You clung to his neck as he continued humming and swaying gently.

On the brink of losing consciousness, you felt him walk to your bedroom, undressing you to your underwear and tucked you under the duvet. He continued humming to the song until you lost your grip on your consciousness, the feeling of his lips on your forehead being the last thing you could remember.