tbs || unexpected (two)

This is dedicated to my future husband, wherever you are. Kidding.

Today is the day.

Thomas' flight was scheduled to land in an hour. He had to fly to Vancouver for another several months after Dylan had recovered from his injury, which cost you many lonely nights in your bed.

Pacing around your apartment, you decided on doing something productive with your energy. You took action: you stepped out and rode your bike to the local café to buy some bread and coffee – the kind you and Thomas bought on a regular basis.

"Y/N!" Riley – the owner's son – greeted you when you entered the café. Several people sat on the elegant tables for breakfast, chatting quietly.

"Hey, Riley." You smiled.

"Can I get you anything?"

"The usual."

"Coming right up." He began to work on his countertop and you settled for watching him. "What's new with you, huh?"

"Nothing much," you sighed. "Thomas comes home today, from Vancouver."

He nodded. "That's nice. You must be bloody excited."

"I am."

"Isn't that Thomas Sangster?"

The whispered words prompted you to turn. And lo, it really was Thomas, in all his handsomeness. He obviously drew attention as he stepped out of the cab with the rest of his bags, but he gave the awed eyes nothing but a smile and a wave before walking up to you.

"Well, this is an unlikely way to reunite." He smiled teasingly, pressing his lips to your neck briefly. "Hey, Riley."

"Nice to see ya again, Tom." He grinned, handing you the food you ordered, wrapped in a paper bag. "Come visit more often, will you?"

"Of course," he nodded, patting Riley on the back before leading you both out. Once out of earshot, he began speaking. "I'm glad I caught you, love, I almost didn't see you from the taxi."

You just smiled, then it faded immediately. "I took my bike here... we can't walk home and leave it there." You gestured to the bike next to one of the café tables placed outside.

"Well then..." he pulled the bike up and after placing his duffel bag in the basket in front of the bike, he positioned himself, gesturing between his legs. You grinned.

Once Thomas made sure you were comfortable despite the hard metal of the bike, he began pedaling. You sat sideways between his arms, your nose parallel to his jaw. You took the opportunity. You began peppering his jaw with kisses, and Thomas' riding slowed.

"Careful, love, we might hit something if you carry on." He warned half-playfully, half-seriously. And after months of torture, your lips collided with his briefly before you retreated back at a respectable distance. He shook his head in awe as his pace accelerated.

After a heated exchange of kisses upon your arrival, Thomas took his time in the bathroom to freshen up as you prepared breakfast. You blasted Sinatra on your phone – something you always danced to when you couldn't sleep – and you were a pretty terrible dancer, only moving under Thomas' graceful mercy (A/N: could this be another imagine in the future? heheh).

Thomas stepped out in nothing but sweatpants. He certainly built some more muscle from his running and stunts – something Thomas never showed off to anyone but you.

"I missed you..." you almost didn't hear his husky words, his lips delving in the crook of your neck. You tilted your head to widen his access and he hummed in approval. He trapped you against the countertop before turning you to face him.

Your hands explored his toned arms as his lips left trails on your face until they found your own lips. You pulled away only to be pulled back in, and you stood there, cheek to cheek.

"I'm hungry," you whispered. You felt his laugh tickle your ear.

The bread tasted better given your hunger – and all Thomas did was gaze at you lovingly, which you found ridiculously cliché, but endearing. When his gaze lingered on you longer than usual, you paused to glare at him playfully.

"I love you." He mouthed, his smile widening.

Your face probably turned a hundred shades redder, because he laughed amusingly, shaking his head before sipping his coffee.