Chapter twenty four

Speechless,she's speechless up until now,she don't know what to say. What he said,really shocked her,she was suddenly lost for words.

In the first place,she was not expecting anything from him. Seeing her children happy because of him is so much appreciated. She could not ask for more, but this, his words, that cannot give her a peace of mind.

"What are you talking about,Thaddeus?" Her half sleepy mind blurted it out.

All the troubles,the reason why they thrown in this situation is because of this man. Now he's apologizing and grateful for raising their kids. Then talking about making up to them,does he not see himself doing it the passed few days?

He grasped her hands tighter,not breaking the eye contact.

"Let's get married,kyria mou"  she felt her jaw dropped on the floor.

Slowly he bent a little,pressed his lips to hers,full open,unaware for the invasion as her mind hadn't knock it off yet.

His hand came up, a finger gently caressing her cheek,his kiss was hot,gentle and so warm. There was nothing she could do but kiss him back. His hands, which had been holding both sides of her face, moved down to pull her against him.

“I’ve missed you,kyria mou” he said softly, his hands roaming over her back and sending shivers of anticipation all over her being. No one knew how to touch a woman,how to touch her like he did.

It was all too late as she realize what happened,what was he said she hasn't clearly understood.

She pulled back from the kiss,from his warmth,reluctantly.

"Did you just said about marriage?" She pierced through him.

He nodded without doubt.

"Why on earth would you marry me?" She asked.

He looked at her like she asked something so ridiculous.

Her mind can't comprehend,she was in trance at one moment because of that freaking kiss he gave her. Maybe because she was still half asleep,her mind isn't working well yet. And now as she gets to realize what he said made her felt so stupid for not realizing quickly.

He sighed,closed his eyes and bowed his head,then look directly at her.

"Because it is the right thing to do"

"No!" She shouted and pushed him with her full force.

"Look kyria mou.."

"No! You are insane,I'm not marrying you,I will not marry you"

"Be reasonable,Farah" he called out her name?

He never called her name unless they are not in good terms,he got pissed or he is trying to make her realize.

But she won't back down,ano magpapakasal lamang sila dahil iyon ang tamang gawin? No! She can't accept that petty reason.

But then,she have all this questions running around her mind. The anxiety,the stress that this whole scenario brought her is making her feel nauseous. It may sound ridiculous at the moment,but she wanted to end this and move forward with their lives.

"I am so damn tired being reasonable for the past five years of my life,Thaddeus,all I want is a peace of mind,a peaceful life and,,you, you coming back in my life means chaos,it means trouble,it me..."

He grabbed both her shoulder trying to shake her mind off.

"It means none of those,Farah,,you are tired that's why you are saying those words,,,but I know you don't mean that" I shook my head trying to free myself from his.