Chapter twelve

Weekend is well spent with her children. She is thankful that Ariadna can change mood in an instant. It's the first time her daughter insisted talking about their father. She was not really willing to tell them something about Thaddeus. But just a little information she could share to eased the bad atmosphere around them.

She took them out by the afternoon and bring take away for dinner. By Sunday she baked muffins with the kids to get their mind off what happened the day before. She is not sure if she succeeded,in the evening when she took them to their own bedroom Ariadna is a little off. Thinking she must be tired from their weekend activities,I retired to bed too,exhausted and unhappy.

The next morning she was awaken by the knock on the door. The knock is getting louder and louder. Then it her,that must be Thaddeus,he must have found her. With that in mind she move as quickly as she can. She put a robe on and tie her hair in a messy bun.

She closed the door in her children's room that the triplets shared.

It's only five in the morning,no one dare knocked in her house before this early. It only mean one thing,Thaddeus have found them. And she's not happy with that idea that is playing in her mind. What if he forcely take my children away from me? I cannot let that happen,but then,how can I prevent him from doing that if he use his money against me?

No!

She shook her head to make sense,how would he know where I was when she is sure that her information is very private? Oh god please help me!

Taking a deep breath she stood in front of the doorway,it took her another seconds before she finally have the guts to open the door. Just to be surprise who was in front of her house this early morning.

"Surprise!"

Surprised,indeed.

Shilei's presence in her front door is really a surprise.

"Happy birthday,ate" Lei throw herself to me.

"Oh my word!" She gasped,still not believing what was happening.

A while ago she's panicking,thinking it was Thaddeus,is she hoping that it should be him? No,she was not.

"Ive missed you"

I look over her shoulder to see if Geoffrey is around but he was not.

"Where is your husband?" I asked her while walking inside.

"In the island,he's tired,I dragged him here" Lei's grinned is something she don't want,it is a sign that she is up for something she won't agree "I have bodyguards though,,outside"

Yeah,Geoffrey won't be at peace if his precious wife is alone somewhere.

"Okay,why are you here?" I crossed my arms in front of my chest looking at Lei with a baby bump that is about to popped.

This woman is a little crazy with her pregnancy this time,she should not travel.

"We are here to celebrate your birthday"

"My birthday is on the next weekend" she reminds her with scrutiny.

"Alam ko" Lei sat down on the couch "that's why we came here because I promise the triplets we will take them to Singapore on their mummy's birthday,so here we are," my eyes fell "by the way,Curtis said it's a good idea" then she winked at me.

Her children's smile are plastered,the moment they woke up with the presence of their ninang Lei. Ariadna and Kairo are the chatty ones this morning,especially when they found out we are going to Singapore. It's one of their dream that i cannot just give to them immediately,it would take a while before I could bring them there with my own money. Iyonna seemed pretty excited too,I'm the only one who are not happy about it. I should be happy because Thaddeus will be gone when we come back from this trip. One more week and he will be gone from the island,this trip is a great escape away from him.