Chapter twenty two

"Don't worry,papa will make it up the next time I see you,guys" She can hear Thaddeus voice talking to her children on Skype.

He really meant it,more than he said he would,he did not showed up.

Telling her,he was in the middle of some crisis in one of his resort in Greece. His sister cannot handle it on her own,she has to inform him what was happening.

Since that night,I never talk to him again,he left last weekend. He tough the kids to used Skype on their own so he could talk to them before their bedtime. And in the morning before they go to school.

She don't know how he can managed to maintain the time he spend talking to her children. Despite the time difference between two countries.

"But,papa,we want you here now" it was Ariadna's whiney voice this time,damding on her father.

"I'm sorry,pumpkin,papa want to be there too,but I have to sort out some problems here first,so I could spend more time with you guys"

"When are you coming back papa?" Kairos asked his father.

"As soon as possible,son,so take care of your sister for me,would you?" She saw how Kairos listened to his father tentatively as he nodded cautiously.

"And mama as well?" She looked away,walk to the kitchen.

Didn't want to hear what Thaddeus would answer Kairos. She won't dare hope for something she knew as blurred as the century mirror glass.

She pick up a few water bottled from the fridge and put it on the lunch bag with sandwiches she prepared early this morning. They are all ready to go,taking the bag she walk through their living room. The kids are still talking to their father,she can't help but hear what they talk about.

"Papa,are we allow to go there?" Iyonna's simple and innocent question made a big impact to her.

Her heart jarred,she have to keep herself from breaking in front of her children.

"Of course,you have no idea hiw much I wanted that to happen,son,you are allow to do whatever you want to do,you can have whatever you want,just let me know and I will give you all what you deserve" 

She force her herself to walk outside,she heard her children squealling. She will email him later tonight about this spoiling issue,he can't do that.

Lei had warned her about it,but I was indenial that time,confident that he would not find them. He found her,then he find out about her children.

Checking the time on her wristwatch,they have to leave soon. Thankful enough that her children are bidding goodbye to their father already. She don't have to get their attention to let them know they are about to leave.

"Bye,papa" Iyonna

"I'll see you soon,kids"

"I love you,papa" Ariadna

"Me too,papa,I love you" Iyonna

"Love you,papa,come back home soon,please" Kairos.

"I love you all kiddos,papa love you so much,take care and behave with your mama,please?" Three little heads nodding in front of the Laptop "okay,off you go,mama is waiting,Kai,you switch of the call" Kairos is reluctant,shaking his head.

"I don't wanna,papa" she heard the sighing on the laptop.

"You will be late,it's family day,you have fun,,,I promised to make it up next time,right?" No one answered.

She approached them.

"Come on,kids,we will be late"

Ariadna is the first who stand up,I saw how her tears fell before she turned her back on her siblings.