Chapter fifteen

Within five minutes,she had left the office building to travel back to town. She is rigid with tension,locked in her worried  about her daughter.

"What are you doing here?" Settling herself on the chopper,she was surprised to noticed that Thaddeus is beside her.

The looks of curiosity at the pilot's eyes is telling her how much he wanted to know more.

"A daughter,huh?" He said sarcastically.

She ignored him,she keep herself from saying even a single word to him. She don't have time for his accusation or even talk to him. She is worried sick about her daughter,until she find out what really happened,she would calm down.

The chopper landed and Curtis is waiting for her.

Thaddeus grabbed her wrist before she could even release her seatbelt  "We have to talk after this" in cold and serious baritone.

"Talking to you is the least I would do" she countered drily.

Frustration flickered in his ocean gaze in his intimidating face.

"Then at least tell me what is going on"

She was going to ignore his question,but his hand tighten it's grip on my wrist. The pilot announced that we can now leave the chopper.

"Thaddeus" her eyes mist.

"No,kyria mou"

She bit her lip,then nodded at him weakly.

She thought of those times,she's broken and wasted. Then she had realised that she was pregnant. For once she's now admitting that once she had tried to reached him out. Desperate to tell him,desperate to ask for support in the cruel world she let her life entangled.

"Once I have settled with my daughter"  his grip has loosen,I am not sure if that is because he understand what I said or he was just shock to find out that I already have a child. Either way,she took that moment to come out of the chopper.

It was in the same hospital's helipad she was transferred last time. Confusion filled her mind,she thought her daughter was at the school infirmary. Fear cover her heart,hoping it was not worst than she can imagine.

Here she is again,it's a deja vu of what happened to her other daughter Iyonna a week ago.

Her poor baby girl,mama is coming,love.

The obvious confusion in Curtis's eyes didn't escaped her in that brief moment. He was standing at the same spot where he was last time they have been here.

"I'll explain later" she whispered to Curtis after the brief hug he gave her.

"You don't have to,Farah" Curtis gently answered.

The two men shook hands,she just realised how Thaddeus look out of place at that time. Well-groom,well tone muscular body,prominent jaw,long lashes,thick brows.

Curtis lead them to her daughter's room,while explaining to her what happened. Thaddeus is quiet following them on the back,not saying a single word.