Chapter six

"Who wants pancake?"

They all run to the dining table,having trouble to sit on their chairs,she hide a laugh.

"Mama,I want two,please" Iyonna ask when she's properly sat on her chair.

"Mama,me too,I want two po,please" followed by Ariadna.

"I will have three mama,with syrup please" Kairo followed last,putting his eyeglasses properly.

"Yes little ones,here's Iyonna's two pancake with cream and strawberry on top" I put a plate in front of my daughter.

"Ariadna's two pieces of pancake with peanut butter on top" she was clapping when I put the plate in front of her.

"And of course three pieces of pancake with butter and syrup for my one and only son" I kissed Kairo's forehead after I put the plate in front of him.

"Thank you,Mama!" They all said in chorus.

"Your welcome babies,come on,eat up,we don't want you to be late at school" I pick up my cup of coffee and sit in front of my kids.

They eat well,I'm thankful they are not picky most of the time.

It's already eight in the morning,I will drop them at the nursery school before I head to work. Their nanny will pick them up later and she will stay with them until I come back home from work. It's a tiring routine every day,but its all worth it,seeing them smile is enough for me to keep going.

"Mama,teacher Mel said we have a family day next month" what Ariadna said,that gotten my full attention.

This is their first school event,I have thought about it already,I planned what to do and what to say. But it was different than I thought,when you are on the spot.

"That's good love,are you guys excited?" I put a jolly appearance in front of my kids.

But my heart break as I saw their shoulder fell,their smiles fade away.

"Mama,how long papa will be busy at work?" Iyonna asked.

I was caught off guard.

"Mama,sabi ng classmate ko,I don't have papa" Ariadna's comment give her chill.

"You have papa love,Mama told you that papa is busy at work right?" They all nodded,but still sad,the atmosphere change.

"But why we cannot see him,even the picture?" Ariadna is not giving up asking.

"Because he is working on the other part of the world,you do know how big the world,right?" She nodded.

"Is papa still playing hide and seek with us??" That innocent question of Kairo totally broke her.

"Y..es love,come on then,it's time for us to go"

She went to her room after she tidied the kitchen,straight to the bathroom,she look at the vanity mirror. She look pale and shaky,she's trying to calm herself. She can't drive to take her kids to school like that.

"Mama! Ready na kami!" From outside her room,she can hear her daughters calling her.

She quickly wash her face in a cold water,wipe her face and put a lipstick on. She inhale trying to out a positive thoughts on her mind before she could show up to her children. When she felt ready,she comes out of her room.

"Okay,let's go kiddos"

They have their bags,shoes properly put on,uniforms clean. I check everything and lock the door before fastening my children in the car.