Chapter 2.

Soon uncle and I arrive at home. We are sitting in the living room and waiting for Daren to come, so we could all go to a restaurant for dinner.

While waiting I tell my uncle everything about college and how much I love to study there. Architecture is my dream since I was seven and I really do enjoy it.

"So it's your final year, any plans about what are you going to do after?" James asks.

"That's what I wanted to talk to both of you at dinner. I think we should wait for Daren to join us." I reply. 

That's one of the important topics to discuss.

"Okay. He supposes to come soon and.." James couldn't continue the sentences when his phone starts to ring. He answers.

"Hello...oh....yes...okay...see you there."

"Camil, are you ready? Change of the plan, Daren will meet us at the restaurant." James says.

"Okay, let's go then," I reply with a slight smile.

I got used to it. Daren always changes our plans or just cancels them. Four years ago I would get mad at him for that, but not now. Now I understand why he is doing it. Dad's company is really important to him. He is doing what he supposed to do, to be the head of a huge company and I totally understand him.

James and I arrived at the restaurant, my favorite one. The best Italian restaurant in town, pasta here is incredible as well as gelato. I'm a huge fan of Italian food, it's my favorite one.

As we enter the restaurant I can see Daren already sitting at the table. He is talking on the phone with someone and I can see he is pissed.

"I hope you are not going to seat with that face all evening,  I came here not for that," I say approaching the table. 

I'm so happy to see him.

"Cam!!! I missed you much, sorry it's just business matters." He replays, standing and putting me in a hug,

" All good, I understand." I know he is a very busy man now. I appreciate that he doesn't insist on me being a part of the company.

We all sit at the table, the waitress comes and we all make our orders. We are sitting enjoying good food and chat.

"So uncle told me you wanted to tell us something important, what is it?" Daren asks.

"Well I think it's time," I say and sight.

"Oh just don't tell me you're pregnant?!" James asks me nervously.

" What?...no..." I'm a bit in shock from this kind of question.

"I was offered an internship, it was only three people from all the group," I say smiling.

"That's great! I'm so happy for you!"James says and hugs me.

" Why do I have a feeling that's not all?" Daren's voice sounds serious.

"Yeah... about that...the internship is in London, for six months." I couldn't finish my sentences when Daren crosses his arms and says angrily.

" No, London is too far and six months is too long!"

"But if I can handle this internship well, the company will offer me a contract and it's a great start for my career," I say desperately.

" You can work in our company!" Daren really seems to be pissed.

" Uncle?! What's wrong with that? just tell him that I can go." I look at my uncle expecting some help from him.

"James...no way she is going... it's too dangerous right now." Daren says, his arms are crossed, his expression now is emotionless.

"Well Camil we need to think about it and Daren, we will discuss it tomorrow, now let's enjoy our family dinner," James says calmly. He always does it in this kind of situation. He knows Daren is very short tempered.

"What the hell Daren?" I start to yell at my brother. I can't keep it quiet. What's going on? Why he is acting like this, both of them.

"Cam, don't start it! Not here!" Daren says and by his face, I can say he is so pissed, even more than he was before we came.

"You know, I think I'll better go." I just want some space from these two, especially Daren.

I stand, take my purse and I'm ready to leave this place...a bar...yes a drink is all I need right now.

"Where are you going?" Daren's voice sounds angry.

"Daren I'm really not in the mood right now. I'll see you at home later."

"Camil, please be careful and don't be late," James tells me, he looks worried. I know I'm mad, but I'm mad at Daren not at my uncle.

" I'm a big girl, besides I'm going to meet with Lexi, don't worry, I won't be late." I hug my uncle and give Daren a very angry glare.

While walking to a bar to catch up with Lexi I'm lost in my thoughts, Daren can't do this to me, I worked so hard to get this internship, he can't just ruin it all, because he is just an ass that doesn't want me to go far from him. It's just six months, not a big deal, besides he is always at his work. I'm going to London, not to the moon, even if he says me the opposite. I already made my decision.

My phone stars to ring. I got a message. It's Lexi and she is as always late. Well, I have no choice so I'll wait for her in the bar.

Half an hour have passed and I'm still sitting at the bar waiting for my friend. She never NEVER comes in time. A punctual person is definitely not about her.

While I stuck in my thoughts I have a feeling that someone is staring at me. I turn my head and I see ocean blue eyes. The same eyes that were at Daren's office today.

After a second I look away. There is something hypnotizing in them. I feel so awkward so now I'm just sitting and staring at my half-empty glass.

A few moments pass and I'm still looking at the glass like an idiot. Again I start to dive into my thoughts when I hear a deep husky voice. This voice makes me shiver. I turn my head and what can I see. He is now standing next to me. I look at a tall man with dark hair and ocean blue eyes, his features are truly beautiful, he is well built in a word he is gorgeous. He looks two or three years older than me, but something in his eyes tells me that he already had seen the life. He is wearing black pants and a white shirt which outlines the very toned muscles. His shoulders are broad and strong. He is a very captivating person.

"Hey...why such a pretty girl seats here alone?" he says.

What a lame line.

"I'm waiting for a friend." I respond looking straight in his eyes.

"What a friend makes you wait half an hour alone in the bar?" He replays, doesn't breaking eye contact with me.

"A really bad one, but I'm used to it." I can't help myself and turn my eyes away. There is something about this guy, something I can't explain.

"Well can I buy you a drink while you're waiting?"  He says and sits next to me, waving to a barman, not waiting for my answer.

After a few moments barmen come with our drinks.

"Thank you...um".

"Theo." He smiles lightly.

"Camil, nice to meet you...Theo".