TWO.

Passion

I walked slowly down the sidewalk, it felt like my legs were noodles from running so much. My energy was little to none at all, and I had this weak, hungry feeling in my stomach that was starting to really get to me. I stopped and sat down on a green-box that was posted by a street light. My mind immediately went to my mother, I was just praying she was okay. I couldn't help but choke out tears as horrible thoughts flew into my head, hopefully that monster didn't beat her to death. I had to figure out what I was going to do.

One of the house doors diagonal from where I was sitting had opened catching my attention. Then I watched as a beautiful girl walked out the house looking to be a little older than me. She had some long weave in and this tight fitted maxi dress on that hugged her body so perfectly. She had the biggest smile on her face, she looked like she had just had the best night of her life. In that moment, I honestly was feeling the strong want to have someone else's happiness, someone else's life.

Suddenly I noticed a guy coming out the house behind her with no shirt on, just basketball shorts and some nike flip flops. A slight sense of relief fell over me once I looked closer. It was definitely one of the guys from the altercation earlier. I quickly ran over to him almost in tears watching as he turned his attention in my direction. Unfortunately before getting too close he pulled a gun out and pointed it at me with a confused look on his face. I stopped immediately in my tracks not knowing what to do next, not wanting to make the wrong move.

"Get in the car baby now." He spoke sternly to the girl while keeping his eyes on me the entire time. The girl looked at him and then back at me but didn't utter a question as she got in the driver's seat of her car looking out the window with a confused look on her face. Still holding his gun at my face he slowly closed her door while still never taking his eyes off of me. "Look man, I don't know you or what the hell you on but I will end your life right fucking now if you don't back the fuck up."  He said to me coldly, making my eyes grow big.

"Please don't shoot me I have no one else who can help me so I came back here please." I cried out dropping to my knees not knowing what my fate was. "Man Shay gone and leave while I figure out what this bitch on." At this point he still had the gun pointed at me with this confused look on his face, but not even a little bit of pity in his eyes. The girl gave me a last nasty, disgusted look as she shook her head and backed out of the drive way. I came to the conclusion that my life was going to end here if I didn't walk away and out of his face. Although a part of me screamed "get up and go" another part of me reminded me of my mom. I would hate for her to have gotten beaten so badly just for me to fail and simply return.

" Man, shawty get up off the ground, what the hell you got going on?" He asked as he guided me up with his gun while occasionally looking up. "I need help... I uh, my mom.. she's.." I struggled and stumbled over my words pointing in the direction of my house. "Come on bruh spit that shit out, don't try to tell me your ass don't speak no english either, cause I just heard yo ass a minute ago begging." He said annoyed arching his eyebrow and letting his gun fall to his side. He looked down scanning my appearance noticing I had on no shoes or socks and was still in my pajamas.

"How old is your ass anyways?" He asked me with a more softened expression while scratching his head with his gun. I placed my head down looking at the ground thinking if I should lie or tell the truth. The first time I decided to be honest it almost got me in the wrong position. "Man if yeen gone say shit then get the fuc..." His harsh words were cut off by someone opening the door revealing a small older aged woman. She had gray highlights in her black ponytail and she looked to be around her fifties even though it was barely a wrinkle on her face. She was a beautiful chocolate brown complexion and I assumed it was the guy's mother.