Chapter 5: The New Family

Magsimula sa umpisa

Dean had told Sam everything when he had arrived home. At first, he thought that Dean was joking until he mentioned a woman named Sally Lewis. This wasn't the first time Sam heard that name. Before his in second year in high school, his father had told him that Dean made a fatal mistake, and that he was going away for awhile. Sam didn't much about Dean's mistake, but it was related to a girl that he and his older brother crossed paths with, Sally Lewis. He didn't know much about her and he only met her once; still, Sam knew that she meant more to Dean than the other hook ups he's had.

Dean nodded and said, "I know, it was wrong to ignore this issue. Trust me, I tried to forget it and I did, and it was easy to forget when I'm worried about saving people's asses. I never wanted to think about what happened to the kid and if he, or she, were living a good life. That's the truth Sammy. When I first learned that Sally was pregnant, I didn't want him, and I never wanted to raise him. I didn't want anything to do with him," Dean paused for a minute and continued with a hint of regret in his voice, " That was until, well I got to see his picture."

Sam nodded. Dean told Sam that he had hidden a picture of Stiles as a newborn baby. Dean mumbled, "That's when it all changed."

Dean sighed, trying his best to end this sentimental moment. But that feeling he had gained before, the minute he saw baby Stiles' picture, returned. Dean explained, "I didn't know why, but I had this odd feeling in my chest, not a bad one, but a really good one. I haven't felt more pride in my life, and that says a lot considering the fact we have done some badass things in the past. Killing Hitler for one." Dean chuckled, lightly, whereas Sam rolled his eyes.

    Dean continued, trying his best to let it all out, "From the minute I saw his picture, I wanted to teach him things like how to pick up chicks and be smooth. How to use a gun for protection, and how to fix my baby so that way when he needs to, he can drive her all the way to college. I wanted to see him on the day he was born, but as we both know-"

"You made up your mind and Dad denied you to have any legal rights to raise Stiles, he didn't even let you see him in person," Sam finished for him as he inhaled and exhaled. Dean nodded, his heart heavy with rage. Sam looked over at him and scoffed, "Wait, Dean are you crying?"

The older brother hadn't noticed that his eyes were red, even if not one drop had fallen, his regret displayed its hold on the older Winchester. Quickly Dean regained his composure. He glared at his younger brother angrily, "Shut up or I'll kick your ass."

"What? It's just that I never expected you to actually cry from something like this. Angry yes, but not sad," Sam said jokingly, with a hint of sympathy.

Dean did his best to bury his emotions and ignored Sam. Truth be told, it wasn't just Stiles that upset him, even though he was a big part of it. Castiel's death, his mother's imprisonment, and Jack with on the loose, a lot was being thrown on his shoulders. He could have handled himself a bit better if Stiles weren't brought into the picture. The subject of his son was one he couldn't handle, and the harsh reality that the people he loved the most were in pain because he couldn't protect them, just made him feel all the worse.

"Look Dean, we could always do this another day, We don't have to talk to him right now. We could always try later." Sam proposed seeing his brother's anxiousness. But being as stubborn as he always was, Dean shook his head. "No, Sammy, I need to see the kid. I'm not going to be that asshole, deadbeat father that makes up excuses for not seeing him."

And with that, they both walked out of the car and onto the front porch. Dean knocked on the door and waited patiently until a man in a sheriff suit opened it and looked upon Dean with wide eyes. This man was around their age, perhaps a little older. He had small wrinkles under his eyes, no doubt, results of working hard night and day. His suit was wrinkled and his blue-grey eyes were dim with frustration. Sam tried to introduce them, "Hello, my name is Gar-"