C H A P T E R 7 | Trust

Start from the beginning

"Who says I am hiding anything?"

"I saw the way you looked when Payton mentioned the Ferris Wheel and you pretend like it was nothing," he tilted his head to the side.

"You must have saw something different, my face never drooped when she mentioned the ride," I lied, avoiding his eye contact.

"Do not lie to me Isabella, something is bothering you," he pressed on.

"I am not lying to you." I lied again.

"You know what, coming here was a mistake. I tried to understand why you are keeping things from me. We are family and you don't trust me enough to tell me what's bothering you. So maybe your not lying but your lying to yourself," he stated, slamming the door on the way out.

What. Just. Happened.

Family? I hardly know him.

I stood there for five minutes, wondering how on earth all this turned on me? Maybe I am keeping something from him but it's not my fault.How am I suppose to trust him if he keeps yelling and doing untrustworthy things?

My phone dinged, which brought me back to reality. I opened my Twitter notifications and realized that someone just liked my tweet. I sighed and slumped into a kitchen chair, going to the main page and seeing a post that made my whole body numb.

"I can't believe I was ever friends with a drama filled freak."

A tear fell on my lap and I threw my phone to the wall,screaming. This was all because of Jasmine. She told everyone that I was 'starving' myself.

Calming down, I picked my phone up and ran upstairs. Nobody was home so I got my journal and pen. I needed to get out of the house, I needed to escape from everything. I arrived at the tire swing and wrote everything on a piece of paper.

Some friends were meant to pass and go, but some friends will cause you pain before they do so. I don't think I can forgive Payton. You might be laughing at me saying, "all she said was that you don't eat."

But that's not the point. The point is she brought up the thing I am most severely insecure about. The one thing I hate about myself when I look in the mirror. If she says that to me, then what does she tell other.

I miss Jasmine and I being a small group. I miss our adventures and memories we shared. I barely see her anymore cause she's with Mike. Mike and her are good though. He treats her right, he treats her like a princess. Something some guys won't have the guts to do.

He's a good guy, a rule-breaker but not a heart-breaker.Even though he didn't like to admit it, somewhere in him is a soft spot for cheesy stuff.

I just hope she's having the best summer ever with him and doing romantic gushy stuff that she always would dream about. I don't know about her but I am having the most drama-free summer I ever had. I am having a blast; too bad I am being sarcastic though.

I am going on vacation with my mum and my brother.We will be going to Florida for three weeks and I was supposed to take Jasmine but her own family is doing something.

My mum said I can take one person with me to the sunshine state, since Caden is taking Casey, I know ecstatic. Casey is coming with us, but she's going with Caden not me. I am leaning into asking Mike to come but Jasmine would kill me. I would ask Jake but we are kind of not on speaking terms.

After a couple of good hours of writing all my thoughts down I made my way home.As I opened the back door the front door opened too.

"Hey sweetie, I grabbed a pizza on the way back from Caden's basketball practice," she stated, setting the box of good on the kitchen counter.

"Thanks mum, can I eat in my room?"

"Sure hun, but do not eat on your bed, I do not want ants on your floor," she told me,handing me a paper plate.

String at the black sky that holds bright stars captive is the best thing to do.It makes me feel calm and protected and the thought of someone else looking at the same stars as me, warms my heart.

It was already 9 o'clock so I climbed into bed with my laptop.After that, I skyped my grandma, I haven't talked to her since April and it felt nice to catch up with her. She bought a new cat Mittens and a bunny Polly. She loves animals.She has 3 cats, a tiny Yorkie, and a bunny.

My grandpa died a few years ago so she bought these creatures to keep her company. We are visiting her when we are in Florida and let's not forget she lives in a beautiful beach house that my grandpa built that place on the shore.

I grabbed a book from my shelf and sat in a fluffy chair in the corner. I love reading when the moon is in sight through my window. If that even makes sense.

Tick Tick Tick

I glanced up from my book and looked towards my window. I swear something had hit it, but I am always paranoid and now that I think about it, it's probably nothing. Going back in my chapter, I heard another thing hit my window and this time I got up and walked over to the glass. I saw a figure in my backyard and started to freak out, but once it came into the light, I felt like I was hallucinating again. No, it can't be, it's impossible

Why is Mason in my backyard throwing rocks at my window?