I give a quick once over of all the rooms and then check them more thoroughly, finding nothing even remotely out of the ordinary in each. There was no point to this! It’s a waste of time, look for your own door to get to the tower? Out of all the trials I had been imagining this was probably one of the more tame ones. Like really tame, and kind of tame too. I saunter back to the main desk, wondering if I was to hide a door where the hell would I hide it?

I sit on the armchair behind the desk, I’d never seen it from this side before and by the looks of it I wouldn’t be getting into trouble even if I did a little snooping. I surveyed the counter top and saw nothing but paperwork, stationary and random sticky notes.  I opened the drawers to my sides and found nothing unusual here to my dismay, I was fast running out of options and it was annoying me like mad.

I want to get going on my adventure, I want to get answers from Felix. I want- oh. Hold on a second inner bratty child I’m sure that there is more to this desk than you would think. After all, why would it have compartments on the top which have no means of using them? No decorative value, nothing. Unless this was the way to the tower, I search the side of the desk, the solid block of wood which should be small drawers for knick knacks but instead was just being used as a notice board.

I remove the notes, carefully after reading their contents just in case they included a clue of some sort. I was beginning to think that maybe I was wrong, who would put the entrance to the most dangerous criminal in prison in the most obvious place with little to no security?

The more I thought about it actually, the more it made sense who would look twice at a desk and think, that leads to the tower! If you didn’t know what you were looking for you’d never know that this was the entrance. Well, if I’d only see some evidence of my theory I’d be happy. My theory didn’t look like it was going to have any proof at the rate these notes were going, they didn’t seem to have anything relevant on them nor were they showing any signs of revealing a secret door. Much to my disappointment.

Once I had taken everything off, I lightly applied pressure to the panel of bare wood the remained, seen as no note was covering a button of some sort this was the next option. After what seems like an age of pressing I finally feel the wood give way a little and hear a click. About time.

I push a little more and see the panel of wood open further, inside I see a small bell pull. Of all the things that were hidden in this desk that I could possibly find this was not what I had expected in the least. Throwing caution to the wind  because what the hell, I’ve already found a secret compartment in a mundane desk I give the bell a hard tug and hear nothing.

Yeah guys a soundless bell, because that’s normal. I sit on the chair and wait, suddenly feeling very sleepy why am I doing this anyway? I could just turn back  and leave what did it matter? Seeing Felix isn’t that big of a deal, what could he tell me that I won’t be able to find out myself? This was futile, I should have just listened to Jack and not bothered.

I was on the verge of dozing off completely when I heard a faint voice, coo in my ear, “Princess.” I jump, looking around only to see the same surroundings nobody was here but I swear that heard that voice. I’m fully alert now thoughts of wanting to go back to my wing gone completely, that voice was Felix’s voice and the voice from my dream I’m sure.

What I’m not sure of is the insistence in calling me Princess but that was something that I’d have to ask him later. If I ever got to the tower. I look for the bell pull but the desk seems to have returned to normal, the notes I had taken off having all returned to their place as if I had never moved anything. I wonder if I have to go through the whole bell pull thing again?