Chapter Twenty Eight

Start from the beginning

"Aye, you think Barnes and noble is open right now?" I asked Dion as he continues to load his shit into his jeep.

"I don't know, I wouldn't think so, why?" He slams the back shut making his way to the driver side and we both load in.

"Hailey fücking loves books, but I just don't wanna get her any book, so I was thinking of getting her a gift card cause she won't accept my fücking money."

"I'm not sure," Dion adds as he starts his engine pulling out of the garage. "Do they normally have Black Friday sales?"

"I don't fucking know, Dee, that why I'm asking you, I don't shop at book stores."

"And I do, dumbass?" Dion retorts.

"Your mom does, idiot!"

He shakes his head as we come to a red light, "she does most of her book shopping online, but we can drive by and check if you want? It's already on the way home anyways."

"Fuck it, what's one more hour."

"That's the spirit," Dion chuckles as he nudges me with his elbow.

Sure enough the stupid ass fucking book store is closed, and I'm really not having it right now. 4 am is nearing and I'm growing more and more agitated by the minute. I just want to get home and fucking crawl into bed already, but we have a good twenty minute drive ahead of us, depending if there's any traffic, seeing how everyone is out and about right now.

Downtown is actually pretty live with all these crazy Black Friday shoppers, we had to park Dion's jeep a couple blocks away from the store.

We continue walking making our way back to Dee's car, when out of no where this girl runs into Dion's arms, crying her fucking heart out. "Y-you have to help me! P-please! M-my boyfriend-" she cries, but then comes to a quick pause as she turns to look at me, and her eyes suddenly grow wide, almost in relief.

She flies out of Dion's arms, grabbing ahold of mine, "y-your Hailey's boyfriend, aren't you? Isaac?!"

I immediately frown, slightly tilting my head to the side. What the fuck? Who is this girl?

"I-" I start to say, when she quickly starts tugging on my arm.

"Please, you have to help him!"

I quickly wrench my arm from the strange woman who's pleading in front of me. "Help who?" Dion questions.

"Do I know you?" I ask a little aggressively. "How the hell do you know Hailey?"

"She's my boyfriends little sister, we met a couple days ago... Please, I'm begging you!"

Boyfriends little sister? "You're Caleb's girlfriend?"

"Are you gonna fucking help me or are you gonna continue to ask me questions while your girlfriends brother gets the living shit beat out of him?!"

I grimace at her small statement, and it doesn't really take much after that to get Dion and I going, "where is he?" I asked.

She doesn't answer verbally, her hand latches onto mine and next thing you know she's pulling me down the side walk, dragging me into an alley with Dion following closely behind. The dark alley has me a bit wary and on edge but that's just the paranoia kicking in, for all I know she could be leading Dion and I into a fucking trap, but I'm gonna ignore everything my family and this life has taught me this once, only because this was Hailey's family member, someone she loved. If it were up to me I'd fucking leave Caleb in that fucking alley and let him rot, why the fuck should I go out of my way to help him when he didn't even like me to begin with.