Chapter 3

When morning came I found myself torn whether I was excited or stressed about what the day had in stored for me; more particularly today was going to be my first day in school.

I already finished taking a shower and I just got dressed. So now, I'm walking down stairs to get to breakfast.

"Oh, morning dear." My mom cheerfully greeted me. It wasn't a surprise seeing Jayce and Glen having their breakfast here too.

"Morning," I jumped from the last two steps on the stairs.

"Take a sit, honey. Eat your breakfast."

Gladly.

"Morning, Pippa." Glen greeted as soon as I sat down beside him.

"Morning." I returned.

"Morning, sunshine." I heard Jayce said. I looked at him and saw a smile on his face. I did the same and said; "Morning."

"So here's the last plate of cheesecake." Mom placed the plate of the last set of cheesecake on the table, along with the eggs, orange juice, french bread, french toast, bacon, hotdogs, ham and some fruits that can get along well with the huge nutella dippin that she prepared for us. It's not a hard thing to miss; my mom obviously loves serving food to all kinds of people, especially kids.

"Dig in, Pippa." She brushed my hair.

"Most definetly." I happily took hold of my my two favorite utensils, which are the spoon and fork.

I heard a short chuckle from Jayce.

The phone rang, so Mom got out of the kitchen and as soon as she did, Jayce gave me a comment.

"I gotta say, it's nice seeing a girl who can choke down so many food at once."

"Yeah, Pippa's stomach is like a bottomless pit." Glen said. "I'm telling you, she can eat all day."

"Thank you." I said, flattered.

---

"So," Mom began as she and Dad sat down at the same time. "It's nice to see that Pippa already made a friend." She referred to Jayce.

"Absolutely." Glen answered. "And not only Jayce, Aunt Gloria, but also Helga, which is also a friend of mine."

"Oooh," Mom was obviously delighted with the news. "That's nice, aint it, Richard?"

"Well, thank you so much for agreeing to help Pippa, Glen. Really." Dad opened his newspaper, smiling though it wasn't obvious becaus of his mastache.

"No problem at all, Uncle R."

"So, Jayce is it?" Mom gave Jayce her attention.

"Yes, ma'm." Jayce politely answered.

"My, you're quite a handsome young man, aren't you?" Mom looked so pleased.

Flattered, Jayce gave a small chuckle and thanked Mom.

"Now, you're in the same age as Glen and Pippa, right?"

"Yes I am, Mrs.Lawrence."

"Well, I'm happy to inform you that in the near future, I am quite alright if you would see Pippa." Mom said in an insisting way, which made Dad cough. "In fact, I wouldn't mind if you take an interest on our daughter, right Papa?"

"Gloria." Dad gently touched Mom's wrist, clearing his throat.

While thinking about what my mother had said, specifically for what made Dad look uneasy, Glen just kept chuckling in breath as though he's trying to hold a loud laugh in. And to add up, you could feel that Jayce was secretly doing the same.